Resources that can't leave the planet

Would be interesting at some point to have resources that can’t leave the planet - so that if you wanted to use it in crafting you’d have to build a workshop there. This would be one way that people could specialize in their trade.

It shouldn’t, however, be done in a way that it just becomes more of a headache than anything. Maybe one planet has an ingredient you can use to make glowing orange chairs…? Stuff like that.

3 Likes

That doesnt seem “Boundless”

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

Using regular beacon+plots+workshop that stays there?

Maybe we could have a mobile workshop that consists of an all-in-one high tier only machine? It can only be placed in T6+ worlds to craft special items?

Would the crafted items be able to leave the planet?

1 Like

I don’t like this idea sorry

1 Like

I like this idea. You would have unusual items that could be crafted that you don’t see anywhere else.

1 Like

It could work for some fringe cases, maybe in tandem with some of my ideas in End game

Take it a step further, alternatively - make an item have some slight modifications based on WHERE you crafted it. So setting up workshops in high tier planets becomes valuable for their small bonuses

3 Likes

This would hurt peoples builds. Limit us even more then we already are in general items.

And I cant even go to EU servers half the time. So the game wouldnt be “Boundless” anymore.

2 Likes

I think it would make players’ builds more unique, since the items would be uncommon.
I don’t think it would limit us, it would give us some additional exciting items.

Yea, I also have problems on EU and Australian servers sometimes, but that’s a different issue.

2 Likes

This isn’t as big of a problem as you are thinking…

This is why we have trading! So, you don’t wanna setup an EU workshop, focus on an NA one instead and trade someone for the products!

Having a base resource be stuck in one place or the result be based on crafting location doesn’t mean they lock people out… it would give some extra incentive to do a bit more out in the world rather than in our enormous crafting bunkers. I haven’t played in awhile, but the entire last month when I did play, I NEVER left my base. People came to me with materials/coin and I just crafted from one massive factory (I recently reopened the portal to said Factory in the Anvil marketplace if you wanna see it. Though I haven’t opened any portals from Anvil to any of the hubs, so… lol)

2 Likes

I love this idea sort of.
I feel a better variation of this would be to have a resource that can only be harvested from a certain planet through the use of machines.

For example building a pump to pump out oil or other liquids from a planet.

Or even a probe that can be deployed around a planet that will suck up different particles from the air for whatever use or reason.

No use for something like this yet but over time perhaps we will get more machines that require such resources to be harvested in this manner.

3 Likes

This is an interesting idea. I like it lol

2 Likes

Merika is listening.

2 Likes

You can get to anvil from the hubbit network. They keep it open.

Any planets out there that need a little more freedom in their lives? :joy:

This is a good idea, but maybe planet specific items would be good enough. They should still be able to leave the planet, maybe using stasis containers that could themselves be planet specific. It would tie into the sci-fi nature of the game anyway.

1 Like

What if perhaps there were planet specific block sets that could only be crafted from beacons on that planet. You could still take raw mats anywhere and the completed items anywhere tho

1 Like