Rested Exp

I’m an RPG player too, but I still dont think that enviroments should have an special tier.

there needs to be a scaling through the levels, like in any rpg. my idea was that around the capital there would be easy mobs but the further you got out the harder and more evil they got, making the high level people venture further away instead of just camping around the citadel. but this is the system mentioned by ben and i think that is also a pretty damn good system.

no, if the game throws attacks at you you can’t dodge there is something wrong. Because that’s the exact opposite of skill based combat.

Everything should be soloable even if humanly impossible.

1 Like

Dogde all you want then. if it is that easy then there isnt really a reason to fight it. everybody wants to solo freaking everythings, its absolutely horrible.

in my eyes there should be some sort of time limits on the fights so people dont just run away for 4 hours and win that way by abusing some weird system.

also skillbased does not mean you are invincible

Also i dont think you can dodge standard attacks constantly without ever getting hit. you should be able to kite quite effectively as a ranger, but if you allow rangers to be able to solo everything nobody would ever play melee.

you don’t understand. if you can dodge every attack. if it is possible. then there is a chance you can dodge everything. simple probability. it won’t be easy and most likely there will never be anyone who can do that but it is possible.
skillbased means you have the tools to win a fight by your skills. and an attack you can’t dodge is the opposite.

1 Like

why would i ever bother playing melee then? why would anyone? you just figured out a way to solo a raidboss.

because it’s your playstyle?
I’ll try to solo everything with my scythe if that’s possible.
it’s not the way I figured out. I just proofed it’s possible.

it should not be possible to solo an endgame titan, they talked about the tier worlds which is fine, maybe in lower levels they arent as hard and then you only need 2 man or so to take one down, but on the higher tier levels it should take 10 people with insane coordination to take it down.

Well for me soloing a boss and dodging all of its attacks should be possible. It just have to be time consuming and risky since you’ll be starting all over again from the start when you made a mistake and died.

Here is a clip from dragon nest (which is a really good game) showing how to solo a boss. The boss can kill him in just one shot and it took him 15 attempts to finally do it making it impractical to do but possible. By the way, he is a melee character. :smile:

2 Likes

It most likely will but there is the chance you can solo it.

Or do you want to implement an undodgeable attack? Or a suddendeath if someone beats the boss alone? or even worse a requirement for at least x people to fight the titan in the first place?
How do you want to eliminate the chance without being unfair to the player?

Well i’ll give up because of what the other dude proved, it is pretty badass, just try to watch it from my angle for once, i play alot of mmorpg and i am so sick and freaking tired of it. everything now a adays have to be soloable. there is NO NEED to ever interact with ANYBODY. which removes the point of playing a mmo. i might as well just play skyrim, that way i can atleast get a companion to chill around with me.

i think it would be epic but titans should be HARD, and not just a little bit, but like insanely mindboggeling hard, the way their suggested system works is that you need to kill it to advance a tier so that wont be possible. but when you get further up. for the love of god. just ONCE. make something people CANNOT SOLO, IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!.

i liked the FF14 way of doing things, sure you might be able to solo a dungeon, but you only had like 40 mins to complete it or you would fail it, which wasnt a problem most of the time but if a team messed up too much they would get punished. is that really so much to ask for?

Well I see where this is going cause I’m not sure if we see the same game.
Oort Online is for me an Open World Game, and because of the Sandob feauture you wont ahve big capital cities, everything or at least the most, will be build by the Players. So, there is no Capital.

You can say from this point on everything that is that far away has that level. But that makes it hard to build at places, where you would love to, cause maybe there are hto hostile mobs that will make it impossible for to do anything.

You have to keep in mind that this is an Sandbox game too. There have to be a lot of places to build for that many players, you cant do it as hard as you want and know it from the most RPG’s.

And you also have to remember that this is not just Minecraft 2.0. that is where the biggest discussions lies. its fine if you want to build and craft and there will be a need for it too, but there are ALSO rpg players who enjoy fighting and having a good challenge instead of always just building stuff.

1 Like

i know what you want to say but you seem to overread what i say.
It should be hard. And therefor insanly hard for soloplayers. But there is no way i can imagine to achieve an unsoloable boss without being unfair to the player.
a timelimit is no different and unrealistic too.
I want to sit around a campfire with my friends, maybe explore with them but for bosses I only trust my own skills therefor I solo everything if possible. But I still want to play an mmo and not just an rpg.

and you dont think a system that allows you to dodge any attack any creature uses on you is unfair?

not if the dodging requires timing and therefor skill. maybe you have to react in miliseconds but it has to be possible.

and of course it gets harder to dodge if you fight multiple monsters, so soloing a boss requiers tactic too. not just dodgedodgedodge

Well. yeah lets leave it at that.i play a ton of mobas and i enjoy skill based combat, but there are such things as allowing for too much freedom.

i am afraid it will turn out to be a freaking horrible system where ‘‘well if you have the skills you cannot die’’ which in darksouls for example made every sword fight 30 minutes long parry battles and you would never even be able to touch people who were good at parrying. but again that is also just ‘‘skill based’’

I know, I know, just saying that an RPG or MMORPG, has way more enemys and Mobs than you can have in such an game, cause if you have that much, you wont be abel to build normal, you will alwys have to fight cause there are to much.

yea if both opponents are that skilled it will turn out like that but that’s a rare case i’d say.
and like i said, i don’t see the skill part in mobas while combat. (apart from running away in the right moment^^)