Returning. But to What?

This. :slight_smile: I’ve said my peace on other stuff, in the end, this is a very fun and addictive game, and while the community is quite small, there are some of the most wonderful people out there in it.

It would be great if we could get some more folks in - after seeing James’ post, I think we have to accept that there won’t be an ad push anytime soon, they are in no position it looks like to handle much more here. But I think, on our own, through our own social media accounts and all, could maybe grow it to where it is a bit more sustainable on the economy side. And really, there are some advantages to a smaller community. This is more like a big family than any other gaming community I’ve been a part of. We can only make the best of what we have, while we have it - if you enjoy, play, if not, it is a game in the end. I think now, last few days, I’m in a better place here with accepting what we’ve got. My playtime is down as I’m jumping around on a lot of stuff, but that really can be the best thing to do to keep from burning out on anything.

4 Likes

I’d be lying if I said that was solely the case. In fact I’d be lying if that were even close to a quarter of the reason I stopped playing.

Change of job, change of lifestyle, exploding graphics card, depression, burnout, other games, other hobbies, other interests… all play contributing factors to varying degrees in the why.

1 Like

GAMES NOT DEAD
AND JAMES IS NOT DEAF
hes just making some money so he can work on his passion project in the future im a believer like @BabyCookie

@Ritorugema def worth it ou can always start new builds and communitys it happens all the time go for it

2 Likes

Dead means no one is on it or there is only maybe 1 person on it

Some of y’all need some ice cause at some point the thread sorta got side tracked. Yes there’s less players and BG3 development by our dev team. Drop the stick and leave the horse alone.

On topic: some of the big guilds are still around enjoying the game in its current state. Unless you wanted to go at it differently this go around.

3 Likes

Saying Boundless is dead I don’t think so. It just needs a good readjustment.
Having met several new players this question always comes up:
Titans?
All have said : Boundless has a huge potential for the genre.

This has been said several times in the forum but yes it is obvious that the description is dated, the trailer is out of date, lack of content, crafting too long, ingame mechanics.
As @James said the game is maintained and not in survival mode. Let’s not forget that the team is small and the pandemic certainly didn’t help.
Sovereign worlds didn’t help either.
Many of us have family lives, jobs, other occupations

I don’t post much in the forum not because I don’t want to but because of my limited English, I don’t judge anyone and everyone is free to post their opinion, I just put myself in the place of a new player who is looking for info on the game and visits the forum where in some topics makes you want to run away rather than enter the Boundless adventure.

For my part I continue to enjoy the game as it is with my little family in this abandoned planet that is Imoco :laughing: and will continue as best as I can to support newcomers and Boundless itself.

Love you all Have fun :heart:

15 Likes

why “maybe 1?” why not 2?

why not “dead means” the servers were turned off?

3 Likes

I say one as in it’s so small there’s alway gonna be that one guy who plays for eternity
I see a game is dead if less than ten people are playing consistently or at all

I view an online game as dead when there are no servers (developer paid or private) going on.

1 Like

We are getting off topic …

Back on topic…

@Ritorugema I have seen you in the game and in the general questions chat so I know you are playing and I am glad you decided to return. In my opinion, the community is still great albeit smaller than it was previously. As I mentioned to someone last night, the most players the game had altogether was about 1200 … I would venture a guess that we have about 300-350 players currently … this is based on my observations of players on the server.

Edit: Please stay on topic or @majorvex may push some of these comments to off-topic. I’d much rather see her in game more :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Those numbers are also just the number of players online at the same time. The number of MAU is between 1000 - 3500 players.

2 Likes

1200 was just Steam numbers so I stand corrected … I am sure this number was much higher.