Review badge for Steam review

only a short question… is this badge such important that the devs should spend so much time to create a script which gives you a badge instead of the game?

Funnily enough, that’s why I was doing the research and not the devs :wink:

… to be honest I think there’s a fine line between keeping the community happy and engaged and actually making the game. If I’m able to assist in keeping the community happy, whilst allowing said community to further promote Boundless (and get a badge for their efforts), then I will.

1 Like

@Stretchious you might want to take a look at https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/User:RJackson/StorefrontAPI - I’m not sure how up to date it is, though

(and/or break out wireshark with big picture mode open :P)

For me, if was curiosity. For the devs and people like @Stretchious it’s another opportunity to improve their knowledge of coding. The more experience they have, the better their products can be. It’s just something to do on the side when on breaks. Remember, the devs have to have days off and hobby too :wink:

My main concern is not, that I don’t like that people review and contribute. My main problem is that it was announced as “only one week” and we are now talking about giving it to everybody. For me, this is like going with a fresh filled out lottery ticket into the shop and trying to claim the win from last month. Sometimes, you need to be “on time” to get the reward you like.

Overall, there is a too much “breaking one’s word” in this forum [won’t explain this further in this post - this would start a new discussion].

If you announce something in a certain way, you should at least “try” to keep word and don’t change your mind whenever you like. Of course, there are a lot of people who like to get the badge now and I see there are supporters for this idea but here am I and I can’t agree. If you ever tried to collect things you know that you can’t have everything. I have absolutely no problems if there’ll be a new badge or a new event (e.g. edit your review for old ones or create a new one) but in my opinion, the old one should stay as a sign for early supporters.

Just my unpleasant opinion.

If you had free time have fun :wink:

i have no problem with that, everyone can get a badge as reward, give them a badge but not the old.

It would be unfair against the 49 players who have made the effort in this 1 week

correct

Us leaders can also lock threads, for future reference. On a side note, this topic has been downright civil in regards to how differing opinions can occasionally go here… I personally don’t feel it is necessary to lock this thread, but since you created the thread, I’ll back your request to end it. If a dev wishes to make further comment on this topic, they can easily undo my lock.