Rework the name and shame rule

yea tbh im going to give up on this point in retrospect the rule would prob never change anyway so its just trying to tell the sun to stop setting

idk maybe it would just be best for me to write off the 60$ i spent on this game contact steam and have them remove it from my Library and see what i need to do to have my forum account on here deleted

PM James with the request to ban/delete your account and I think he will. I have seen a user’s forum account banned from its owners request before.

just give it some time man. it’s frustrating I know but this stuff takes time. I would be surprised if this issue was just left hanging.
I have seen more than a few rotten apples just disappear. did they quit or were they baned? I don’t know but they ain’t here no more… and all it took was took time.

1 Like

I would suggest you come up with a better rebuttal. That one is quite weak.

1 Like

Then give a coherent rebuttal of why I am wrong.

Subjective,

I already pointed out the two main problems that need to be fixed. I do not support giving players loopholes in the system to harass other players or start witch hunts, when there are better ways, much better ways, it can be handled, by a professional.

2 Likes

Two things to that, can you for the benefit of a non-native speaker point out to me what part about his post you felt were rude? Because they didn’t seem to be rude to me but I might be misunderstanding something, so I would like the chance to learn.

And second as far as I understood the conversation was about the rule to not name and shame and not on how to combat trolls or griefers in game.

2 Likes

I don’t really care if the game had 20 players or 200,000 players.

Maybe not to you but that doesn’t mean harassment is not happening, just because you don’t see it, or people are not loud enough on the forums for it to look like a problem for you.

Can you prove to me that there have been absolutely no harassment reports made in the last, month or so? You cannot. So stating that harassment is non existent is invalid.

Also in my 1st rebuttal, I have also pointed out how even if you were allowed to name and shame, it would do little to nothing about the regen problem, as even knowing before hand who is creating the problem will not stop them from creating a problem, only a dev can put a stop to that. so name and shaming them is kind of pointless to start with, since you do seem to be referring to the Regen bomb problem.

I mean, I agree with you that the name and shame rules gives too much power to the trolls and that it should be allowed to name and shame if you have clear video proof.

But Trundamere was quite respectful in their arguments, (even if I tend to disagree with them). Not really sure what angle your going at here. Just because you disagree with them doesn’t make them “rude”

That is not for you to determine.

I don’t know any person in the community that is for trolling. I think most people agree to remove it but do so in a way that is fair and to make sure there are no miscommunications.

It is very easy to take something out of context or assume there is a problem or something when all the information is not present. We see that in the forums a lot and it can happen in the game as well.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I’ve seen people outright lie to Devs to try and get players banned, which resulted in witch hunts against said player until the Devs actually proved that player was innocent.

Given the documented evidence given, I’m sure this person won’t be throwing regen bombs anymore. It’s the weekend. It’ll get resolved.

2 Likes

To my knowledge this has never once been said on the forums. I may have missed it but that’s not very likely to have happened. Also they made changes to the farming update so we could still regen farm just not as efficiently as it has been on live. So again unlikely they would be removing them.

thats forum not the ingame players :smiley:

ya still can lol dont see why you need quit game cuase off a forum

1 Like

I find it to be harrassment to systematically pick apart a post and provide needlessly long replies that only destroy conversation. There are many forms of harassment this forum runs the gamut of them all. One of those forms is hardliners that habitually destroy any thread that doesn’t fit their view of the game.

The OP obviously no longer wants this “discussion” to continue, @Havok40k may want to close this post.

At no point do I make any personal attacks in any of my rebuttals, I only attack ideas. The point of a public forum is for people to post ideas and allow a discussion/debate of that idea, which includes rebutting/refuting an idea if someone thinks it to be a bad idea, just as anyone is allowed to refute what I have to say about anything.

The long length of some of my posts doesn’t imply it is designed to be harassing. It means I have a lot to say about the topic, and since for me this topic falls under the „Abuse of Power“ category of ideas, That is the one topic I will be quite unrelenting with.

It is my philosophy that a good idea should be able to withstand being attacked, and ideas thru being attacked, their flaws may be exposed and the idea can be refined into something better, if it is possible for that idea to be refined into something better. or the idea just proves to be a bad idea.

Until James changes the CoC to state that Counter Arguments, and Rebuttals are indeed harassment or otherwise not allowed. I will keep on doing what I do, since at no time do I attack the player.

If a player haves a problem with the way I am attacking their idea, they are welcome to contact me in a DM or on discord, if they really do indeed feel overwhelmed by what I am doing. And have a much much more friendly chat about the situation there, where they can request I slow it down or stop. I am not heartless in most cases.

Thank you for your feedback thou.

The OP haves to request this for that to happen.

The only reason I even stated such is because the OP stated his intent/want to delete his account, I was just giving the OP the path to that result should he pick to pursue that.

If a statement is too weak to stand against scrutiny, it warrants it’s own destruction.

3 Likes

I don’t suppose you will ever know.

Well said.