RIP New Springfield - Please give me Private Worlds

This is a very sad day. I have been inactive for about 2-3 weeks due to excessive workload from both uni and work. I have only popped in now and then to see what has been going on. Now before I start my rant, I do understand that this is what the game is and people are allowed to do whatever they want, but this has completely ruined the feels of continuing my build of New Springfield. I also want to say I do not dislike any of the people who has built what I will talk about next, I just don’t like having to see at buildings I dislike or right out hate.

However, to the point. Today I logged on after a week or 2 and started looking around because I heard my town had been connected with a friend of mine (which is totally cool, I don’t mind that). Unfortunately I also noticed that a lot of people had moved in around me, building in areas I was intending to expand to or would have left untouched but plotted once I had plots for it. I discovered that someone has build a huge, eyesore of a bridge on the lake next to my place. This area was so beautiful and I really did enjoy just building on the shoreline and just look out in the lake at the reflection. Sadly, that is ruined. It is so bad (Sorry to the builder but in my eyes, it’s absolutely horrible and does not fit my medieval style at all). Some of the buildings that have popped up around are decent and do fit in the theme, but they are where I planned to expand, which is just super annoying cause now I cannot expand cause I couldn’t farm enough plots in the 400 hrs I spent on the game in the 5 weeks I had time to play it actively (Yes, I played A LOT).

Now my entire motivation to come back, once I got time again, is litterally 0. Not even kidding. Call it overreacting but that’s how I feel.

I now have another question. Will there be private worlds? I still have gleamclub membership for like another 5 months, but I am thinking of just removing the beacon so that my town disappears (930 plots) and that I can start over on a private world when those become available, where I can build in peace, in my own pace and undisturbed. Visitors are fine, I just get so bad OCD when someone builds something where I didn’t want it.

Also, no, I have not tried talking because I do not have time to stay on long enough currently and since it is perfectly along with the rules of the game, who am I to say what’s right or wrong?

So please, give us private worlds where we can choose the layout to look like a certain public server (Like Antar VI, Kada, Finata etc). I really like building in this game, but this has now become a public minecraft server with protection for me.

Thanks and sorry,
Quimby

9 Likes

I am fully with you. Can understand that very well.

1 Like

Maybe talk to the owners of beacons i dunno.
Also… i was thinking we get private worlds not long after launch and i was really pissed when they didnt come… cause we have some plans for our world (aquarius)

1 Like

Why don’t you take the opportunity to start fresh, look for an area that is quiet away from anyone else, plan what you want to do before starting to build.

Pick a higher tier world, that way you are less likely to have people come randomly build next to you.

Pre plot the area making sure you plot the areas you want to expand into.

I guess the people who built next to you thought what you done was cool, so they wanted to be part of it. From that you must be quite good at building, see it as a fresh challenge.

Use it as motivation to do something new.

4 Likes

Do this, A lot of this plot issue is due to being on a lvl 1-2 planet. Not all, but most of the new plotters on there will be new people. And plot out what you want. New people just go where they see activity.

And I still dont think private planets is a good idea. But thats a whole different discussion.

1 Like

Up to now I would say I agreed with you, however, if private planets (and when I say private, I mean not connected to the main universe) stops the forums been cluttered up with threads like this, then I’m all for it.

I know how this can be frustrating. Don’t give up on the game… focus on key thing you love.

I personally would look to move. Find a place above T1 planets and use most of your plots to reserve a large area and get people to understand you aren’t interested in them being around. Then with the new plots you get as you level, etc to make your place. Don’t connect to portal hubs or try to do what you can to stay off the radar. That will help keep most of the people away…

Last time I checked with devs the private worlds weren’t there yet. They had been focused on Guilds and now are focused on farming. I’m not sure where on the roadmap it is but I wouldn’t expect them in the next few months because of the farming update, etc.

I’m a builder and I’ve learned to focus on that and stay away from other parts of the game so that you can lower the plot grabber issues that many of us see. Do what you can to make your build and stuff feel like it is a “personal project” and not something that will be “connected” or of possible value and many people will stay away.

Most of the reasons people build beside is for easy portal access to locations (so lock yours up) or because they think they can get footfall from it (god I wish there was no footfall). So remove those and other incentives and you can build alone… mostly.

3 Likes

Since you don’t have time to play now, if I was in your situation I would wait until I have time to play to worry about it.

By then, many of those beacons could have disappeared, people could move out or stop playing. You never know. My shop once attracted a bunch of people to make a little town around it for the free portals. A few months later it’s just my shop again. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Private worlds would be so much better than “just pre-plot it.” Because he doesn’t want to be that guy and ask his new neighbors to leave, yet his town is kinda not worth working on any more. It’s not like we start with 10,000 plots or all have hundreds of dollars to dump into cubits. It’s a situation where nobody’s wrong but the game’s magic is gone.

I would expect private worlds to be more 2020-2021 the game has a lot of polishing todo before private worlds comes out.

Private worlds would work awesome, if the playerbase was a LOT larger. At this moment in the game, If you spread out the players even more, it would look as if no one plays. and to a new person starting in the game, they would feel like its a dead game. Its a social thing. You play MMOs to play with people.

4 Likes

Private worlds would appeal to a much larger player base…

2 Likes

I have nothing against private worlds and I’m sure they will eventually come into play, but I doubt they are something I’d go for, mainly because I doubt I’d be able to afford one but also because although I’m a predominantly independent player I think I would find it pretty lonely after a while. Even if I was invited to build on one (would never actually happen) I would have to decline as everything I build and collect would then be at the mercy of the planet owner who could decide for whatever reason at any point to stop playing or kick me off the planet then what happens to everything I’ve built and have in storage?

i was a big supporter of private worlds at the start but now im unsure it seems the vast amount of players want to treat this game like minecraft and it would just not work i think what would end up happening is eveyone would run off to there own private worlds and the main official servers would just act has a play space for the hardcore people and a jump hub for everyone else going to and form private worlds.

this cuz 80% of eveything happens ether here or on discord a player would not know right away about private worlds and would just end up quiting and refunding a think once they spend a hour runing around and bumping into maybe 2 or 3 people. has it stands now when i play unless i go to a hub i never see anyone ingame just a few distant player icons on the compass

1 Like

Is this not kind of what is happening now? Players are not building or stopped playing due to the issues they are having with other players on non-private planets. There are players waiting for the rented planets and have been since EA that will not play until they have the rented planets as an option. So is the game already just becoming a place for hardcore players? Are we better off giving a larger player base an option or should the developers just tell everyone waiting for private planets to go find another game?

3 Likes

thats a good point i mean i guess eveyone being scattered across private worlds is better then not playing. what the devs would need to do then is just confirm that its still happening its been talked about but not really confirmed and the best timeframe people can give when being asked is a year maybe more

1 Like

Not to mention that a large number of those problematic situations would be resolved with private planets that are a part of the shared universe, rather than the ‘self-hosted / modified rules’ planets that wouldn’t have any connection to the public universe.

Every time this comes up the clarification has to be made because people act like having private planets connecting to the existing universe is somehow different (and worse for the population by some black magic I’m unaware of) than the devs adding new planets themselves.

2 Likes

I can agree it would be nice to have them confirm that it is still planned. So far they have chosen not to provide a roadmap for things that are more than a few months away. They probably do not want to say we will have X in 5 months an Y in 10 and then find out that X is going to take longer to implement and deal with the complaints that Y was not delivered on time.

Without any information other than what we have been told, I would agree that rented/private planets are probably a year or so out. As someone that would prefer to do a large build on one, I can wait.

Fair enough. I think what needs to be clear is these are the planets that are following the same rules as the existing planets and are connected. This means players renting planets will still be in a position to interact with the rest of the player base. They just will have someplace they can go to build without having to worry about the actions of other players.

1 Like

I always wondered about this… it’s stressful enough when a portal goes down, but what if your planet was down - forever…?

1 Like

I think the possibility of the planet renter deciding not to rent will lessen the impact on the expected player flight out of the main universe. The developers can certainly give players being asked to leave a specified period of time to tear down their builds and move off planets and might be able to give players on a planet that was no longer being rented the chance to rent it themselves, but it would always be a risk.

4 Likes