Roadrunner farm

3 Likes

Iā€™m not ā€œfallingā€ for that :thinking::rofl:

2 Likes

I was playing around with a Burn roll (182k ruby, not bad!), and ended up with a pretty good hunting ground on it, big lava lake with a good area of ash shoreline around it, good visibility and lava kills some mobs. If anybody is still using these, it is on Styx off Norkyna, wonā€™t renew, but if you are interested post and Iā€™ll grab some Oort shards and a TNT token and open up a portal. :slight_smile:

At Alcyon, have had a new Corrosive one up for a bit now.

7 Likes

Paka, Creator of Worldsā€¦

3 Likes

We need to rebuild and run the AFK roadrunner hunts like there use to be back in the day

1 Like

yes, a nice roadrunner farm
Get some feathers

1 Like

Wait, what? AFK? Like away from keyboard?
How is that possible?

Regards,

1 Like

Ok, portal open! :smiley: Used the one I used to use for another.

The combo of feathers, Oort, and adrenal glands makes hunting roadrunners a big win. :slight_smile: It really is low stress too, with speed and stealth, I almost never die doing this.

For those just seeing this, big thing in addition to a speed and stealth build and some sniper slingbows, is donā€™t waste durability and time on anything but the hoppers and roadrunners. You want to keep moving, and the drops from them are more profitable than the other mobs.

3 Likes

This got me thinking too. :thinking: I just created something on Heartbreakā€™s hunting ground near the portal - if nothing else, a good way to get cheap kills on mobs on the shore, a long platform with a safe area up over the lava. Either they wander in, or snipe and let them charge you.

However, leaving myself afk and checking in, while some new ones are spawning and dying, not a huge number. Still, can try it out, go up there with a loot stick.

Iā€™ve got a Cuttle aggroā€™ed right now, so far the shelter is protecting me even when sniping at it through the little windows in a direct line of sight. :smile:

3 Likes

To answer you both @ciprianb @bucfanpaka, back in the day there was a group that had a massive flat build that roadrunners would spawn up top, in the middle was a funnel in whick one or two people would run up top to drag or chase the runners into the funnel falling below to the group of people AFK with loot sticks

2 Likes

iā€™ve been to one similar to that last yearā€¦donā€™t know if its still around though as i havenā€™t heard from it since.

okay well just to fess up- the person that built that is me. that roadrunner farm is still very much alive, still in use and has been modified to continue to improve the community experience.

the main holdout is that honestly i donā€™t want it abused- the devs had some real major concerns with essentially endless loot and the issue of what that would do to the economy of the gameā€¦but in reality you can earn more mob drops on a 2 hour hunt with GTG than you do at the mob farm. itā€™s really just meant to be a more relaxing way to earn loot and hangout with your friends.
i understand the point that was made to me from the devā€™s perspective. they donā€™t want to end up with the whole planet locked constantly with 60+ people constantly trying to idle earn loot.

Iā€™ve been fixing up the last few steps in the hopes of turning it into a much more active event again this next year.

Please feel free to come join us out on Kol Huroo- iā€™m actually celebrating my sons first birthday and running an event tonight <3
@ciprianb @bucfanpaka @VanguardxKnight @RatofTime @Loco-Is-Back

6 Likes

also if youā€™re lost on how to get here or would like explanations as far as to how this works, please feel free to message me either here on the forums or come find me in any number of boundless discords that iā€™m a part of <3

2 Likes

Finally some clarity, what devs think or not , I believe this is needed, the price of speed brews have grown ridiculous over the last year and Iā€™d like to make it my goal to bring down prices again. To strat these hunt again would be fantastic. Or if I had basic schematics I could build one for our hunt guild as well on a different planet

@VanguardxKnight if youā€™re looking to learn about how this works Iā€™d be more than glad to jump into a discord chat with you at some point and tell you all about what I know and explain how it functions.

as it stands now this is a completely free and open to use venue/location.
the community is welcome to use this facility to their benefit anytime theyā€™d like.
I fuel the 2 portals that I currently am using to help operate the farm and it costs me so little the community doesnā€™t need to worry about funding it.

1 Like