Ok, so there is a lot talking around xp from crafting stone.
Here is a poll asking you some questions around it.
I’m curious how community opinions differ in this matter.
1. How much experience should crafting of stone give (per block):
- bring back 2xp
- make it 1xp
- 0 xp is perfect
It’s not all. As you know current crafting recipes for stone go like this: single craft 1 rock > 2 stones; bulk craft 4 rock > 10 stones; mass craft 18 rock > 50 stones.
Maybe changing that can help finding balance in xp system here?
2. What efficiency would you like to see in stone crafting?
- leave current one (1>2, 4>10, 18>50)
- make it slightly less efficient (1>1, 8>10, 36>50)
- make it a lot less efficient (2>1, 18>10, 72>50)
Changing recipes to less efficient would of course mean different look at the xp changes. Less stone yield per rock used would mean leaving 2 xp is a possibility, or at least getting more than 0 xp seems fair.
3. If stone crafting recipes were less efficient, what xp would you see fit (per block)?
- 2 xp would be ok
- 1xp would do just fine
- still 0xp as planned by devs
Finally, I would like to ask a question concerning crafting timber. It has always bugging me that it’s instant and no matter how much you make (can be thousands), you still get it right away (only delay is all the clicking neded).
4. What should be crafting time for timber (regardless its recipes efficiency)?
- leave it as is (instant)
- bring it in line with stone crafting (exactly same crafting time)
- make it take some time, but less than stone crafting
After @Kal-El pointed out I missed question on possible timber xp, I decided to add one.
5. If crafting timber takes time, what xp would you want for it (per block)?