Role Call Test/Live

It’s unstable at the moment.

1 Like

ive been working on my aqua hub on live server
and last week lot off portal request came in
also the hub has always peeps running around
put a portal to our hub from ya build
and we will visit you regulary :smile:

I’ve been around on and off live, working on some build ideas for a kind of ultimate aim for 1.0 - in a secret location :wink:

2 Likes

Put it this way, once the update hits testing, ill become active on testing again, and once that update hits live, ill become active on live again :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I was initially pushed to complete my projects, but life is getting in the way so I’m thinking I may be shelving most of my game time until launch. On live I can be found on Andooweem for about 30 minutes or so a night.

Are you the person hiding in a Therka mountain behind a complete cube of beaconed space? :slight_smile:

Hehe, no - my current testing isn’t on Therka, but somewhere with a bit more wilderness :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t take this the wrong way, but, in the immortal words of Liam Neeson:

“…what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.”

All your base is are be pictureified and posted on the forums! :smiley:

4 Likes

:dizzy_face:

10,000 coins for the person who delivers me verified screenshots of @philelliott’s secret base!

8 Likes

Wait, so we don’t know the planet? Damn…
Can @philelliott send you the pictures and claim the coin? :joy:

4 Likes

That… that would be… hmm, fair I guess… :thinking:

3 Likes

Finally, a competition I can win!!

8 Likes

I’ve been on the live server most of this time, but my real life circumstances have kept me busy from work to being engaged and planning a wedding and everything in between.

2 Likes

So Solum /is/ up on Testing? Just… unstable?

I myself am playing on the live servers if I can be bothered to log in, with nothing to do apart from hunt oortstone to fuel portals and building I find that I am now bored as at level 50 and can not progress further than a pitiful 10 extra plots for the xp I gain. Somewhat given up :frowning: wish there was more to do like farming researching etc or quests to do. Just hope this does not take forever to release like Starcraft citizen :sob:

1 Like

To be fair I think there’s some inevitability that folks will feel demotivated to play at the moment, now 1.0 is pending - because the very nature of the game is essentially about constantly building for the future.

With other games, that have stages of ‘completion’ (eg narrative quest lines, raids to complete, etc), you’ll often see greater frenzy of activity as players rush to finish content before an expansion is released.

But in a sandbox, like Boundless, we all create the story - so in the knowledge that there’s a world wipe coming, we rely more on any desire to complete any projects we might have of our own. Some people will have those, some won’t.

However, once the new universe is available, I’m pretty sure there will be a frenzy of activity as we all vie for our place in the new world order! I can’t wait to see how it all starts to build :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Totally agree with that. I’m demotivated but not unhappy about that. Peaks and troughs. I’d rather be happy and enthused for launch anyway so some downtime is not a bad thing.

On the sandbox thing: last night I was logged in with the boy and decided it was finally time we saw all of Therka Market, because at some point it’ll go. I’ve run round worlds looking for regions for the feat, but rarely slowed to look because I was lower level chasing XP and a wrong turn often led to a pitiful demise. Now it’s time to slow down, forget resource hunting and look around a bit.

I agree the reward for a level past 50 seems a bit tight but that’s been addressed elsewhere with the currency & reward picking system they’ll implement. One benefit of being a L50 optimised for hunting is I can now roam around without worry just looking at other’s builds etc. Like phil says, we make our own game and story here, for now at least. I’m not always comfortable with that - sometimes I lack ideas on what to do - but it seems perfect when you’re waiting for a wipe.
//
I’m paranoid there’ll be far too many players at 1.0 and I won’t be able to find my pretty, fairly isolated spot I’m after. :slight_smile: I plan to build a first, very basic base out of mud or similar and sit out and see how things settle.

5 Likes

I’m going to be looking for a similar spot to build, I’ve got a good idea of the features I’ll be looking for and I’m pretty sure I’ll know it when I see it. My main concern will be getting down a beacon and then accumulating as many plots as possible initially to lay out the footprint of my build. The actual building will come later once I’ve secured the main area I like.

4 Likes

I had this idea too, but it occurred to me that it may be difficult to plan this from the start, given zero resources and the need to build them up along with my character. So I do wonder, depending on how many players there are, if my ‘endgame’ build will have to wait for a while.