Sanctum Edit .dat

Noticed that my custom dat edit was missing, and found a copy of it in my misc other files.
But, when I try to load from this in the sanctum the game crashes every time.
The file was last saved in October 2020.

1 Like

You need to load / edit the file and then re-save it - to make sure the required meta data + scripts are present.

What is likely happening is that the scripts are missing. Saving the file will recreate them.

2 Likes

I will try that out and update what happens here. Thank you!

1 Like

It is still having the same problem, I even did a couple of “Save As” files and tested those.

1 Like

Can you load the file into the editor?

1 Like

Yes I am able to load the file into the editor, and I can place blocks, remove blocks, but the moment I try to “Return to Game using this sanctum!” the game crashes.
Corrupt file?

When I reload the file into the editor I can see any changes I have made too. If I placed a block right now it would still save the change.

1 Like

And if you save-as with another name?
And then load the new name and try restarting with that sanctum?

1 Like

Yes I have done that.

1 Like

I went ahead and tried to create a new test file (save as from playerstart) and I can edit it but I can not load it as my new sanctum. I can not load a new custom sanctum.

1 Like

Ok I can so a problem:

You need to change the generated file called:

"assets/gamescripts/sanctum/" + name + "_rerun.json"

{"scripts":["sanctum/default/vfx.json","sanctum/default/rerun.json"]}

To:

{"scripts":["sanctum/default/vfx.json","sanctum/default/player.json","sanctum/default/leader.json"]}
2 Likes

Thank you, let me do that real quick.

1 Like

It is still happening.

1 Like

Can you please share your game log?

1 Like

How do I share my game log?

I submitted crash dumps, would that help?

1 Like

The most recent game log seems to suggest that you didn’t edit the file as requested:

[2021-03-28 21:23:26.279] [ERROR] Failed running sanctum/222222222222222222222222222222222_rerun.json game script: failed to open file: assets/gamescripts\sanctum/default/rerun.json

Can you edit sanctum/222222222222222222222222222222222_rerun.json to only include:

{"scripts":["sanctum/default/vfx.json","sanctum/default/player.json","sanctum/default/leader.json"]}

Note - I just corrected a typo in the text here. So please update the script again.

Alternatively - you could copy the file called playerstart_rerun.json to 222222222222222222222222222222222_rerun.json

2 Likes

I was able to get into 22222222222222 (test file)
but I am still unable to get into my main custom file (I just submitted a crash dump for it, and copied the script for that one too.)

1 Like

You need to make this change for any other sanctum file.

So copy playerstart_rerun.json over any other sanctum name you create / edit.

2 Likes

It is working now! Thank you! :confetti_ball:
I was copying from that file, but it almost seemed that it would revert for some reason?
I definitely tried that first because that is the default script.

2 Likes

I never edit the sanctum and just tried to twice. My game crashed when I tried to load in with the new/edited sanctum file.

2 Likes

I dont even have to edit the sanctum for it to crash, If i load the default sanctum and then save it as whatever, then load that sanctum and say use this as my default the game just exits.

1 Like