Sanctum Edit .dat

I will try that out and update what happens here. Thank you!

1 Like

It is still having the same problem, I even did a couple of “Save As” files and tested those.

1 Like

Can you load the file into the editor?

1 Like

Yes I am able to load the file into the editor, and I can place blocks, remove blocks, but the moment I try to “Return to Game using this sanctum!” the game crashes.
Corrupt file?

When I reload the file into the editor I can see any changes I have made too. If I placed a block right now it would still save the change.

1 Like

And if you save-as with another name?
And then load the new name and try restarting with that sanctum?

1 Like

Yes I have done that.

1 Like

I went ahead and tried to create a new test file (save as from playerstart) and I can edit it but I can not load it as my new sanctum. I can not load a new custom sanctum.

1 Like

Ok I can so a problem:

You need to change the generated file called:

"assets/gamescripts/sanctum/" + name + "_rerun.json"

{"scripts":["sanctum/default/vfx.json","sanctum/default/rerun.json"]}

To:

{"scripts":["sanctum/default/vfx.json","sanctum/default/player.json","sanctum/default/leader.json"]}
2 Likes

Thank you, let me do that real quick.

1 Like

It is still happening.

1 Like

Can you please share your game log?

1 Like

How do I share my game log?

I submitted crash dumps, would that help?

1 Like

The most recent game log seems to suggest that you didn’t edit the file as requested:

[2021-03-28 21:23:26.279] [ERROR] Failed running sanctum/222222222222222222222222222222222_rerun.json game script: failed to open file: assets/gamescripts\sanctum/default/rerun.json

Can you edit sanctum/222222222222222222222222222222222_rerun.json to only include:

{"scripts":["sanctum/default/vfx.json","sanctum/default/player.json","sanctum/default/leader.json"]}

Note - I just corrected a typo in the text here. So please update the script again.

Alternatively - you could copy the file called playerstart_rerun.json to 222222222222222222222222222222222_rerun.json

2 Likes

I was able to get into 22222222222222 (test file)
but I am still unable to get into my main custom file (I just submitted a crash dump for it, and copied the script for that one too.)

1 Like

You need to make this change for any other sanctum file.

So copy playerstart_rerun.json over any other sanctum name you create / edit.

2 Likes

It is working now! Thank you! :confetti_ball:
I was copying from that file, but it almost seemed that it would revert for some reason?
I definitely tried that first because that is the default script.

2 Likes

I never edit the sanctum and just tried to twice. My game crashed when I tried to load in with the new/edited sanctum file.

2 Likes

I dont even have to edit the sanctum for it to crash, If i load the default sanctum and then save it as whatever, then load that sanctum and say use this as my default the game just exits.

1 Like

I think this was introduced during the sov update or later. Assuming it hasn’t changed, any time you hit save in the sanctum editor, it will break the rerun file. Here is when I reported this, so hopefully they have a fix in dev. I haven’t checked if it’s fixed on test.

When I’m doing sanctum edits, I keep a copy of the fixed version of the file open and re-save it after every sanctum edit save.

2 Likes

The rerun script that gets generated for any save will be corrupted.

It can be resolved by copying the default rerun script over the generated file.

4 Likes