Sand Not Displaying Title in Inventory

When hovering over any block of sand, the title doesn’t appear. For some reason, I remember seeing it earlier and just noticed it is now missing when I checked again. Sharing two screenshots to show example of one title showing correctly (silty soil), and the sand title missing. Submitted log for devs since I have no clue what I might have done to manipulate this.

UPDATE: I did restart the game, and the sand title is now showing again. Like I mentioned, I did submit a game log so hopefully that helps narrow down what led to it disappearing before.

Ok, figured it out. I can see the title until I walk up to a furnace. When I interact with the furnace, that’s when the title disappears.

…and it’s also missing from the furnace’s inventory as well. Submitting another log just in case.

not able to reproduce so far. :confused: literally only sand?

Yeah, just sand. Silty soil still shows up just fine, as well as all my other items in game. Maybe the furnace was just a coincidence, but it’s definitely not there unless I restart the game.

I was able to reproduce this. It happens with not only sand, but any item that requires more than 1 quantity of input in a furnace recipe.
Including but not limited to: Silty Soil, Sand, Edible Lamella, Earthyams.

It happens any time the furnace does not have the required quantity to complete the recipe.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Put 2 sand in furnace
  2. Put 2 silty soil in furnace
  3. Remove a single item (1 quantity) from the furnace

Or, similarly, allow the furnace to reduce the quantity below the required amount:

1. Put 3 sand in furnace
  2. Put 4 silty soil in furnace
  3. Start furnace, allowing 1 glass to craft.

The missing label persists until the client is restarted, and affects all items with the same name/id. It can also affect more than a single item type.

Hope this helps.

Obligatory screenshots:
2020-05-01%2023_23_06-Boundless 2020-05-01%2023_29_09-Boundless 2020-05-01%2023_29_14-Boundless 2020-05-01%2023_29_24-Boundless

1 Like

“Recipe Ingredients”

Air
Air

2 Likes

I just noticed this a silty soil from the furnace has no item name.

Then I checked the knowledge section, the silty soil also doesn’t have a name

Update: the stack shows the correct name

I’ve submitted a game log just now

Welcome to the forum @Squish and thanks very much for taking the time to describe a couple of methods for getting this to occur. It’s been added to the bug database.

2 Likes