Sap - Am I missing something?

Am I missing something? I see hundreds of thousands of sap coming all the time on BUTT. Who gathers it and why? And how can you acquire such quantities?

Regards,

1 Like

Sap farms exist, it’s not difficult to gather (just tedious), just grab a high speed axe and go to some sap farms (best one is t5). I think I get like 4ss per trip (1 trip = 1 full inventory) on a t5 planet. T1 one works as well but the rates are much worse.

2 Likes

AOE axe, and check forests with tall thick trees. Climb up and axe to the ground.

1 Like

Byproduct of bark farming I think since you need the bark for leather and healing brews

1 Like

You also need max luck to increase the drop rates.

4 Likes

I run a trunk and foliage shop, just on a trip to fill one stand on a T1/2 with aoe tools can net me between 2-4 smart stacks of sap

2 Likes

We have a vertical lustrous regen farm on Chromis I(T3). There are others elsewhere as well. When we stock up on wood from this, we get way too much sap when we use it.

1 Like

I have a Sap farm that I use AOE axe tools and regen bombs. Just takes time.

2 Likes

Farm alot of sap and bark and use the wood for spark and charcoal. Sap is the easiest thing to farm can net a ton.

2 Likes

This ^^ The difference in sap you get with 0 luck to max luck is incredible. I never have a single issue farming loads of sap with max luck - especially at big regen farms.

2 Likes

well, luck is important in any material farming so i didn’t mention it, but yes, max luck is always a must, the boost to droprate is very significant (i think triples or even quadruples droprate in some cases)

1 Like

So, sap itself is in a couple of recipes. It’s in a holiday brew now which hardly matters but it’s also in the forge resin base so it’s literally used in EVERY forge run.

It’s also used to make syrup. Syrup is used in 18 recipes. Including the forge gum base, so you know it’s also used up at every forge run.

It’s in strength, speed, and revive brews - we oortians consume a lot of syrup. Since it’s also in bag of sugar we’re eating it, too, in 7 of our food recipes (starberry or teaching pies anyone?) and a couple of novelties.

Sap, most importantly, is used in glue. If you’re not a crafter you may not realize that glue is what’s holding a lot of boundless together. It’s in something like 40+ recipes we use it for storage, tools, furniture, weapons, decorations, and signs. Glue also serves as the base of three other bonding agents.

Bonding agent: 20+ more recipes - mostly blocks, tools, and weapons.

Enriched bonding agent: 50 + recipes - including all gem tools and weapons

Super enriched bonding agent: Another 20 recipes for blocks and tools.

So since sap is in something close to 150 of our recipes I’d say it’s pretty important actually. In my personal experience as a sap/trunk farmer, I’d say that we get most of the trunk and bark we need from people farming for sap in game.

For nostalgia, and giggles:

Vertical tree farming as mentioned above. I have a couple of farms, and I might have a video around here somewhere :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

The EFC farm hub, accessible from Bes TNT has my favorite tree farm. Come with a regen bomb and fastish ax and you can come away with lots of ss of sap!

1 Like

I made a horizontal sap farm.

Regards,

I save sap for making glue. I farm starberries for making syrup.

1 Like

I was doing the same until I found out how easy it is to get sap.
2592 starberries for 900 syrup, or 1296 sap (which I can get in <5m)
Besides, starberries need to be seeded back.

Regards,

2 Likes

I farm starberries by regen farming foliage on t1-t3 planets. The biome with the upside down trees are very good for it. It doesn’t require as good of am axe to do it because of the planet tier being so low. You can just go with a aoe topaz with extra speed and no need for extra damage.

2 Likes