Sapphire slingbow unbalance

I’m going to try and make this short, I just feel like throwing my opinion out where it can be heard.

Before

• ~3000 base damage
  • 40 range
  • little to no drop
  • 50% bonus charge damage

After

• 1800 base damage
  • 20 range (Does not usually reach this far)
  • Extreme drop (It now feels more akin to a mortar)
  • 100% bonus charge damage

Edit: I based these numbers of my memory of the tool tips, sorry for any inaccuracies.

My current concern is the rebalance that Sapphire sling bows have experienced is more of a nerf.

In the past my Sapphire slingbow 1 shot every mob, without charging with high accuracy and range. I know this is probably not what the developers were intending however I felt justified in putting the effort to acquire the gems in remote locations on a laggy server.

Now my slingbow is taking 4 - 6 shots to take down cuttletrunk. I do like that I now we experience more of a challenge while fighting, However this is what should be the highest damage weapon in the entire game at the moment. While I’ve heard that other players have been able to 3 shot cuttletrunk with other weapons.

In conclusion I just feel as though the rebalance of the heavy slingbows has tipped the balance off.
Thanks for reading! (If you are a Dev I give you a double thanks)

1 Like

I was just trying out mine as well. Range has decreased drastically it seems but I didn’t test thoroughly

1 Like

Does a charge shot make it go further? I forgot to try that last night when I played.

Not that I could see @Stretchious

That’s a shame - I think it would be cool if a charged shot went further as well

1 Like

The T4 ones can be 2-3 shot with the best weapon and the best skills fully maxed and a bit of crit luck.

I doubt the T5 can be brought down in less than 4 even if you get 100% crits, which is very unlikely.

Look at my video, the link below starts at the exact time where I start shooting a lvl5 cuttle.

I shot that cutlle lvl5 down with 10 shots (with a sapphire slingbow.)

That’s a T5 Elemental - they’re tougher than a normal T5 (although I don’t know if there actually are any normal T5’s in this release, as I’ve only been on Munteen when I’ve been shooting at them).

1 Like

I did see one normal T5 cuttletrunk on.munteen while farming Oort stones, but I was fighting for about 2 hours in total so 1 in 2 hours isn’t a lot

Thanks for the feedback.

A few notes:

• The base damage for Sapphire Slingbows in the last live release was 1150, so it’s had a large hike.
  • You may have seen some reduction in overall damage because having mastery over the weapon’s difficulty no longer gives a benefit.
  • At close range, fully charged, it is currently the highest damaging weapon in the game.
  • The more extreme gravity is an attempt to make the different slingbows each feel different, so some now feel like rifles, some shotguns and some heavy cannon or mortars (as you say). It may be a little extreme. I quite like it, but I will probably pull it back a bit in a future release.
  • We’re looking at making those weapon types be “opt-in”, maybe via a weapon add-on (crystal) so you have more choice over the weapon type you want.
  • The main effect you are seeing is the increase in creature health and armour, which is long-overdue. We’ve just put out a point release which brings that balance back a bit, so it is a bit more favourable now.
4 Likes

The most recent update of today has changed drops from mobs.

I am very happy with this rebalancing update. Thx for that !

Thank you everyone for the feedback, I’ve done a bit more testing and found that I am hitting for 5K+ if fully charged. I also realised I have been attacking T5’s because my “hunting grounds” are on Alturnik so sorry if I was comparing to a different level of enemy.

Thank you for the increase to mob drops. It makes it a bit easier to farm my daily supply of oortstone.

I’m now using my grappling hooks to stop those pesky T5’s from evading my shots

1 Like

I was referring to a diamond slingbow. I’ve shot several (many) elemental cuttles down. I’ve gotten particularly lucky a time or two since then and had a full crit on a diamond bow with all projectiles impacting. With max power/agility/mastery, full charge, all projectiles striking and full crit, it took either half the HP off a T5 cuttle, or so close it basically makes no difference.

The main weakness is, even though the max range is 15m, you won’t be hitting all pellets outside of something like 6 (or perhaps even 4 or less… hard to judge in motion), and it’s easiest to ensure the most solid hits by jumping up from directly underneath them, or sprinting and jumping directly into their faces at the end of a jet-movement of theirs.

Edit: Even without crits, diamond slingbow can usually take the T5 elemental cuttles down in 4-5 charged shots.