Screenshot on Mac

On a Mac, I am unable to take screenshots of the game. This is because the only way to take screenshots is to go into screenshot mode.

However, on Mac, to take a screenshot you press Command+Shift+4 and then have to drag the area you want to screenshot. It is not possible to drag to capture the area since moving the mouse moves the camera.

I wish there was a way to enter screenshot mode, and also a keybinding to take a screenshot of whatever is on your screen at that moment(no matter if in screenshot mode or not).

Isn’t it just f12? While pressing the function key?

f12 is to increase sound on mac.

1 Like

While pressing function key (which is labelled fn)

What do you mean by pressing “function key.” When you press f12 it raises sound.

Hold fn and then click f12

Cmd+Shift+4 is the area capture … you should be able to use Cmd+Shift+3 to do a screen capture if I remember correctly. It’ll capture multiple screens at the same time though, if you have them.

Just did a bit of searching and it should be assigned to Option+Fn+F12. I don’t have my Mac anymore to be able to confirm that though.

3 Likes

Can confirm Cmd + Shift + 3 does the full screen.

But also fn+f12 :joy: it’s the steam shortcut

2 Likes

Ive been taking pictures with my phone and then emailing to myself so i can retrieve on the mac and upload from there.
Not the easiest process… a working keybind that didnt take a black screenshot would be sweet.