Seasonal Planets

I’m guilty of the same sin, so no judgement from me!

Aaafggjbbffhhhhh foams at mouth

Eee! I was actually wondering about making a suggestion about new cluster worlds being how they introduce new races.

However, I’d hate for it to be a “You miss it, you loose it” thing.
And I think any new races added should have the ability to travel to other worlds without crutches. So the underwater breathing one sounds neat, but would they only be able to be in water? Or they just have an advantage?
Would it be an “unlockable” reward to freely change your character race via cash shop?
Oh, as far as getting a new race, maybe it’s free to unlock in seasonal, but it you miss it you can buy it?

(Just stating I realize these are all just ideas :grinning: )

1 Like

Oops, I’m a sloooow texter. Some of my points were already discussed.

1 Like

No worries, I usually post on here from mobile too, so I can relate

1 Like

oh i would love a system like this.

Maybe like in Diablo 3 seasons, during the season only seasonal toons can interact with each other but you get your seasonal toon back into main branch once the season is over

3 Likes

Yes! Exactly like that!

2 Likes

Agreed. That’s a fun idea

Bumping this thread in response to the recent threads discussing a wipe. I feel this is a decent approach to the legitimate concerns within.

1 Like

Get rid of season only things and anything that would be designed specifically for this and I’d support it. Seasonal only things just make it so you feel like you have to join or you miss out. If all these people really want from a wipe is the feeling of recreating that new player feel more power to them, they will not need any incentives to join up and those of us who already lived the reset and new player experience many times won’t feel the need to play there to not miss out on things.

1 Like

Reminds me of diablo 3 seasons. With non season and seasonal characters. This idea 1000x

It is based on d3 seasons, adapted to boundless.
Perhaps instead of season rewards, we have a sort of “undiscovered” system where these unique features are only accessible from within the seasonal worlds until the end of the season where these worlds join the persistent universe and become “discovered”. This simply gives season players a sort of early access to new things rather than exclusive access.

2 Likes

What about rewards like an avatar emblem/graphic or cosmetic piece/paint or something exclusive in that nature that could be displayed on the ‘normal’ worlds.

Like how the PS4 players, we get to have that unique bulwark head piece, I think that’s what it is called. Nothing game changing and something everyone can achieve if that’s how they want to spend their time in Boundless. Each season could have s new paint/cosmetic piece.

—-

I also think that having new things on the season universe would allow thorough creative testing before it is pushed to the standard universe.

I’d feel like any early access to items or content means you have to play it or you miss out on exclusives, its why they add them into the mix in the first place. Most people boot up diablo 3, do the seasonal challenges and then log off for another few months after getting all the “exclusive content” for that season. I know my extended blizzard friend lists and guilds all do it. Takes us all about 3 days tops then everyone scatters again. Unlike boundless there is only so much replay value to the game without the competition.

Honestly, you could already host your own “seasons” now if you wanted to and show everyone how it goes. Designate a planet, have a bunch of interested players create alts and set rules about where to purchase things and when/how you can use portals/warps. You always wanted to do events for the community so it might be worth a shot. It would give the dev’s a way to evaluate what you want to happen and see if it is worth the development time to make it an official game mode.

Just my 2c.

2 Likes

How would having plots work? A lot of us have Max alts too.

I would love this idea… and having new permanent planets is also something I love!

I like the idea of new permanent planets rolling into the 50 we have but I believe we would have a bunch in a short time.

On that note/idea/train of thought (whatever you want to call it) I have 2 ideas:

1. A set of planets that you are talking about that come into our “blink distance” (say 10 planets for this discussion). They are semi permanent in so far as they are here for 3 months at a time and maybe 2 at a time. Then the disappear until they make it back around to them again. In the mean time the next set swing into view. So on an so on. How many and how long to really be determined.

2. Seasonal planet as in REAL seasons or Holidays. As I am USA I will use those holidays or times of year.
    a. A Halloween planet in October that has all the items for the skulls and pumpkins. Brown, black, orange color scheme.
    b. Christmas World - obviously with the snowmen, Christmas trees, snowballs, ice planet.
    c. Summer world - great beaches, blazing sun (ie no rain or just afternoon thunderstorms).
    d. 4th of July world - Fireworks, red, white & blue colors.
    You get the idea, and we could have the community design worlds with seasonal/holiday items from their area they live in.