Seed bug?

Okay so my boyfriend just harvested a pretty good size field of oats and before this hot fix he would always gets seeds back to replant but now he just lost a lot of he’s seeds this has to be a bug

Can he re-plant them to see what the yield for seed/crop is?
Maybe he accidently planted a bunch of untilled soil for example?

He’s getting the highest for crop cause I designed it for him 4 wide with the block it likes to be by plus water .Which when he harvest you would get the seeds back to replant also the whole field was tilled and and fully ready to harvest but since this hot fix he harvest he was missing a chunk of seeds to replant

Did he have issues with any other crops, or did he only grow Ancient Oats?

Yes, I have seen this happening too, mine are set up for 100% seed return and did not get enough seeds to replant…

I am not sure if it was oats or wheat or both, will check later on…

1 Like

So far just on the ancient oats

I planted some Ancient Oat Seeds into Tilled Peaty Soil near Mud and Water. When they were ready to harvest, they had a Crop Yield of 170% and a Seed Yield of 100%. Harvesting each crop gave 2 Ancient Oat Grains and 1 Ancient Seed for me.

What were the Crop and Seed Yield numbers displayed on screen for both of you at the time before they were ready to harvest? Further, what items popped out when you harvested a crop?

I’ve tried to reproduce this bug but couldn’t yesterday. It has happened, I was harvesting a 5x5 patch when @NerArth was present a few days ago and even asked him if he had slurped up some seeds which he had not. I lost 3 or 4 that time and the seed yield was at 100%…

2 Likes

I had this happen once with kindling seeds - all crops are set to 106% seed yield. I did not submit it as a bug as I have not been able to reproduce it - I am also not certain there were zero gaps in my planted crops. I have since ensured that all rows are filled and marked off where the end of the filled section is. Will update if it happens again with recording of event.

It would be interesting to see it in action if you do capture in on video.