Seed Production

A little error in this for Goo, it should be Goo on Sponge not rock.

The optiomized seed value is correct at the left, but to get this yield you need to be planted on sponge.

1 Like

Here’s my stats of what is possible… they give highest crop and seed ratios and an additional field for possible self-sustaining crops (i.e. not needing 2 separate fields, dedicated to either crop or seed).

Edit: a couple of notes in addition to the above:-

• These are not fixed values - they just show the max possible outcome for each setup and, where applicable, 1 possible sustainable setup. You can tweak the sustainability of each setup to suit your own needs.
  • Goo can get up to 95% on seed return, but this is pointless, as rock does nothing to the Goo kernal. The value shown is when Goo is planted in Gleam (including Refined Gleam & Gleam Lanterns) to be able to mutate the Goo colour.
15 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, I’m glad to here those results are possible. Guess I just have to play around alittle more and go big or go home!! lol

On the goo you can get 215% crop and 75% seed with mutation aswell

3 Likes

Oh awesome - That’s really decent odds for a split on Goo!

1 Like

Your sustainability column makes no sense. It should be what percentage crop yield you get at 100% seed yield.

The 100% crop yield doesn’t matter at all for sustainability.

Yup there were a couple that I could only get close to 100%, which is why their values show up in red.

Some wouldn’t level out at 100% and went just over. It’s not an exact science :man_shrugging:

Well, it does need to be at least 100% as it’s not sustainable (sanity-wise) to not get any crop and just replant the same seed all the time.

I’m fine with the 48% crop yield on my exotic yams for now :slight_smile: It still gets me some yams while boosting seed production.

And juicy you can get to 80% crop, 99% seed.

1 Like

Best odds I can get for juicy star Berries is 106% seed and 16% crop. Same as @Stretchious chart.but I can see that it will take a lot of space to make it worth while.

Mayu put together an awesome site for this, last few columns have all the grow conditions/bonuses.

https://boundless.mayumi.fi/farming

1 Like

So what exactly does that mean?. Does that mean you get one or the other? or you have that chance at getting one of each??

edit: Does luck and gathering epic apply to farming?

Generally speaking you cant get both crops and seeds out of the 1 setup… or not super efficiently at least. Best bet is to setup seed production, and crop production seperately.

E.g. combustion fragments… optimal seed setup gets you 110 seed/ 0 crop… but a different setup gets you 0 seed/220 crop.

So make a crop farm 1/10th of the size of the seed farm and in theory they should be self sustainable while pushing out 22% return on however big your seed farm is… give or take RNG.

1 Like

I guess in hindsight perhaps juicy starberry was the worst crop to start with lol. Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

Haha… i also started with starberries then switched to others when i realised. Im sure theyre doable, but definitely easier ones to start with.

Wheat is an easy one. Sown in compact silt, surrounded by water/mud will give you 100 seed /110 crop. So that should be a flat 10% return in one farm.

Try the combustion fragments for a more interesting one, also pretty easy to get going but does need 2 different setups that work together so good for getting the hang of how it works.

Thanks for the tips. I will definitely try those next. Have loads of seeds already… it is fun regardless of the returns either way.

2 Likes

Nope for the gathering epic, Luck only affect the drop of wild seeds

1 Like

You want to sow most of your wheat in tilled Silty Soil, not in compacted. That will give you 180% crop/100% seed.

I have a bit of a plot with compacted as well to produce some extra seeds, but if you have a good layout, that’s not even needed.

It’s all percentages. And you get both.

So 16% crop, 106% seed will give you 16 crop and 106 seeds if you plant 100. (Average of course).

My exotic tuber plants are currently all sowed at 48% crop and 110% seed, until I have enough seeds to fully sow a garden with 100% seed return.

It still gives me exotic yams, just not as much, but I’m fine with that.

It’s when both your percentages are below 100% that you’re going to exhaust your supply and not even get much in return :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep… will do both eventually… that 100% seed isnt gauranteed, so i want seed yeild to support the crop production.

100% seed is guaranteed for wheat if you have the right layout. I have nothing under 100% seed.

1 Like