Seeds for everything we use

It occurred to me while whacking yet another rosetta nox for a spooky seed that the game does not have seeds drop for the nox itself. Now why is that? I asked myself.
And myself had no reply.

There are seeds for grass/wheat/many other things, but the plants that we gather to decorate with, and gather for their drops, like rosetta nox , trumpet root, branch funnel fungus, stardrop plant! None of these drop seeds for us to make our own farms with.

Trees could even drop seeds (saplings?) from the leaves, so we could grow our own forests.

And dare I say, and wish and dream that all of these would be like goo farms where we could possibly discover or mutate different colors?

Being a farm girl, raised surrounded by growing, well, everything, I realized I’ve never really gotten into farming on a large scale in game because the self grow aspect of the game is only a handful of items.

So , again … WHY are there not seeds for everything?

Even added into the game gradually, there really should be seeds for anything that would naturally drop a seed. Or a spore. Or a sapling. Or sprouts. (beans)

The game is called “Boundless” after all, is it not? bright smile

Added Note:

Even have it so that ‘wild’ plants, like the rosetta nox, drop a higher percentage of inky leaves than the farmed version.

Something so the wild version will still have it’s appeal to go out occasionally and farm it and the newness of doing so it’s lost for new players.

5 Likes

I completely agree with you! The more seeds there are, the more this game seems alive to me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Planting trees would be so cool.
If we got a tree exactly of the type we got seed from… :thinking: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

2 Likes

Exactly. I would just LOVE to have a grove of basket trees. At least the one I have in mind I -think- is called a basket tree

1 Like

I think it’s the tripod one with flatish top (three or four parts of the top on various height)?
The blue on on the left.

EDIT: no, I think I’m wrong. There is a biome called basket trees and it has different looking trees as far as I remember. :thinking:

No, I mean this one …

I’ve tried to figure out which biome generates them.

4 Likes

Oh yeah - the twisted sisters :sunglasses: :grin:

Thank you! now I know which biome to grab when I get another sov <3
marshmallows

1 Like

oh no, sorry - I call them that, that’s not an official name

Hmm … ok if anyone knows of the actual in game name of the tree I pictured above, please please tell me the biome.

I got ONE tree on an sov that I tried to get NO trees on. So no actual tree type biomes were picked. So NO clue where this comes from

Several of the non-seeding ones are succulents, which also propogate from lost leaves, stems, etc. That could add variety in at least the flavor of how they are grown.

2 Likes

I believe those are the Basket Trees?

2 Likes

thank you <3

1 Like

Oh my, I might remember now there are basket trees forests on Boori - thanks @Rydralain for the link, it made me remember (I think).

These twisted sisters are not spawning much there though, every now and then you see one. I remember coming across a few in one big forest. Most trees in that basket tree forest are not like that.
I hope the ones I remember are exactly these ones.
My friend liked them so much that he placed his first beacon next to one of them.

Interestingly though, your screenshot @AdoraLupinatu shows a tree like that in the middle of bushes?

1 Like

Ceph has basket forests - it’s definitely usually a bunch of smaller trees/bushes with occasional rare gigantic basket trees, often on a hill.

2 Likes

Here. A biome sample (basket trees). You can see those small hills with them trees of yours - a single one per hill. Scattered around the forest that is made of different trees.

4 Likes

That tree was (might still be) on the Sov Ghost Farms.
If I recall, there is a much smaller one behind it
I went there looking for that blue wood, and lo and behold it was my favorite type of in game tree.

1 Like

That’s my favorite wood gather biome
One place with plenty of all kinds Lustrous-Twisted and Ancient :+1: :smiley:

1 Like

That reminded me of my tree sappling post back then xD

2 Likes

I think it’s jungle canopy

Was wrong. I found an old screen recording. It is really basket trees. Thought I didn’t pick that one. Mine are always combined with jungle canopy though. That’s why my assumption