Seeing both sides of a coin

People express opinions all the time that I do not 100% agree with…but Guess what? I do not get offended by it… and I do not care if people are offended by it… there is nothing wrong with having pride in your country.

You are welcome to PM me on discord [PS] Krasniy #6804

Let’s try to stay on topic. Seeing both sides of a coin.

When someone comes to the forum and goes so and so did me wrong, we all need, no matter what, go sorry that happened to you, but you need to follow the correct procedure, report it, not name names nor make negative remarks about that person, nor say anything that can identify them.

Instead of remarks, well, lets go and do something horrible to them, because the person who is trashing them could be the one in the wrong. They may not, but we don’t know all the facts, so instead of a witch hunt, lets try to guide the person to the correct thing to do and report it.

Should never be a reason to come to a forum and post things publicly because if there is something going wrong in game you should be able to instantly msg a GM and get a resolution. By the time it gets to the forum folks are leaving, the community looks bad, and THE GAME which some of us all love suffers.

The report function “in game” is ridiculous (and Ive posted it before in “Where do our reports go”) because you never get ANY response so you never even know if it works. If I have to come to a forum to get something resolved then you have to figure a way to not be to specific so as not to violate CoC. So yeah this is not so much a community issue but a Game issue. Other MMOs I have played over the years had GMs in game just for these kind of problems. So yeah in this game you try to reason with the individual/s and if that doesnt work you either quit or go to forums either way makes the game look bad and why would someone want to even try a game with such toxicity?

4 Likes

The way I see it, in any MMO, there’s going to be all kinds of people: the ones who like to help others, the ones who want to be left alone, the griefers, the social butterflies, and the list goes on. This is stating the obvious probably but sometimes the obvious is what needs to be stated as people often forget or take it for granted.

So when clashes happen, and they do in any game and any time there is a place for human interaction to happen, the inner adult sometimes leaves allowing our childish selves to take the reigns. Even if a person tried to be an adult, I can fully understand how if they are dealing with “childish behaviour”, it can be difficult not to respond in a similar manner, but that’s just it: it’s important to remember why we play in the first place and not give in to the pressure.

It’s easy to forget that if someone comes at us with bad behaviour, how we react can make all the difference. It’s effectively a chance for us to either rise up and look good or fall into the “trap” so to speak and look just as bad as the person or people who started the mess in the first place. Sometimes there’s not even an obvious start to the issue and we don’t know what side started what because both sides handled things poorly.

So I guess my point here is to suggest to be that person who looks good in the end. Be a brick wall to the childish behaviour coming your way so that everyone know what really happened and the right means of action can take place. :wink:

Also, grudges are for the weak-minded: the ones who can’t get over things. As soon as you get over the grudge, you become the strong one, perhaps even both sides can come out stronger.

2 Likes

Actually, this one concerns a lot of people…

What „one“? Message me privately or in discord if you want to talk to me about a Specific situation.

Or you can respond to me here if you can do so in a way that obviously doesn’t go against any rules or exposing names or Information that can be reversed engineered into names

Otherwise you none nothing to explain why it should concern a lot of people

I don’t think I need to personally explain my response to you. Thanks though! :wink:

I would like to know also. If my remark about the US has created a problem, which I did not mean it to be seen as my homeland is superior to others, it isn’t, it is just another country, we have different ways of seeing things. It doesn’t make us better, just different.
Hindsight, I should not have said that, I just wanted others to know we should Not judge someone because a person claims that person did something wrong, and I’m not going by what happened at New Leyden Market, it just was the icing to the cake, as the saying goes. Or perhaps the last straw of how this forum reacts to another members claims of being treated unfairly.

No. I was just letting you know that the way it was worded could be misunderstood by some people. So I wanted to point it out and trip the situation in a controlled manor before someone who actually took offense to it, started a turf war in this thread.

I have seen people pop off by a lot less.

Your choice. But since you took the time to actually aim that at me (Unless that was a mistake). I would have thought you would have wanted to add some kind of foundation to your objection instead of keeping it empty. I’m fine either way.

Seen that also, and as I said, hindsight, I should have said that in a different way, I was just thinking of the aspect that we should NOT judge the player who is being blamed as being guilty just because another person comes on the forum and states they have been treated unfairly.

Where a person comes from does not mean their country is a bad one. I love my country, and naturally I see it as a great country. But I am not blind to the fact that it has faults, lots of them, and there needs to be changes. Other countries are the same, no country is perfect, and it can be funny how simple things can be seen negative, we wear pants, but in some countries that word is seen different; the word that some countries use is trousers.
I meant no insult to other countries on how they judge people, legally or morally, just wanted to get across that it is unfair and not right for others to make a judgment on what is said without knowing all the facts from both sides of the issue.

I didn’t aim at anyone. I was under the impression the OP was referring to a certain market that shut down and the storm it caused. In that case, there were two sides to the story.

I have stated that it was the icing to the cake of seeing someone accusing another player of doing something wrong and we never really know who started it. It becomes a no you did this to me first, no, you did this and I did that to stop you. No I didn’t you this and back and forth it goes each blaming the other for the problem. There was one here a few months ago, not sure how long, that there was a lot of fighting and threats going on. The devs finally stepped and I don’t know what was the result, but the back and forth got way out of hand and the threats of retribution, name calling was horrible.

We don’t know who is telling the truth even if they can show the conversations because they may have been going back and forth not talking to each other just acting out. The first one could have been a mistake, accident and a simple hey dude, I was going to put this there, could you move that and the response, would be sorry, yeah, tomorrow I can do it, sorry.
But no, they come to the forum and start slinging mud and without thinking the witch hunt starts, players jump in and go lets do something bad to them for doing something bad to you when they could have (or not) been the one to start it.
We need to stop passing judgement, tell the person complaining to report it, stop giving info that shows who it is and not respond. The Market was the straw that got to me and I just wanted those who jump on the bandwagon of lets punish the person without knowing who really is to blame.
On another forum I am part of a person was upset over what he thought was a insult. When a moderator asked the person he was surprised and upset that he had accidently hurt another member of the community. He apologized that what he thought was a joke was taken wrong; two different countries that see things differently. The other player went, okay, misunderstood and it was over. There are over a 1k members on that forum but we have so few spats or name calling because we have moderators and the discord owner who keep a eye on what is going on; they are quick to check out a complaint. Not saying they are perfect, but with that many people I would expect more problems than what I see here.
And I’m not blaming the moderators, but the fact that we have so few of them. And with a MMO game, there will be a lot of problems.

1 Like

What gets me is the high school mentality. I was almost positive most ppl at least on these forums are over 20, and a fairly equal portion as well going up every decade in age.
I expect maturity, reasoning and the ability to problem solve in civil ways. Not slinging insults and pettiness.
“Treat others how you wish to be treated”

But some ppl are very good in their fights, instigating and riling up, without technically breaking any rules, and get away with it. Those ppl bother me the most.

Then there are those who seem like they might be the problem, but it’s really their groupies who have the mob mentality while putting someone on a pedestal and making that person look bad, even though they did nothing.

High school drama. Leave it in the past please. :unamused:

10 Likes