Seems like a lot of old timers and regulars are quitting?

The game is still good. But it’s hard to imagine James will keep the servers on forever once they’ve stopped actively developing the game. Which makes it hard to recommend - not because the game is bad, but because of the uncertainty about dev commitment long term.

I don’t know why they don’t try lowering the price to $10 or $15 if they’re not focusing on boundless anyway - who knows, maybe it would turn into a runaway hit.

1 Like

Yup this was my first game ever where you could interact with a dev.
Most of the time it’s just forum mods that doesn’t actually know a thing about internal stuff.

Most games have communication that goes:

“Here is game, enjoy”

Few months later

“Here is dlc enjoy”

A couple years later

“Secuel is in the works”

And then you don’t know anything about it until it either comes out, its cancelled or goes back to development from 0 lol.

5 Likes

Yep that exactly how it was always for any game I played :joy:

4 Likes

No it’s not, but when something used to be happen and suddenly its no longer happening, that will cause people to think something might be wrong.

Futhermore in most other games that I have played that also haves a forum, There are people from the company who do interact with the general public even if it isn’t a “Dev”, And in all honestly the “Dev” shouldn’t be interacting with the public, they should be busy working on the game, but in the case of Boundless they have not hired anyone else to be the Community manager and be the face of the game to deal with PR related stuff. Which is unfortunate.

I don’t care who it is who interacts with the community, I only care about rather or not it is happening at all by someone who works at the company.

3 Likes

Honestly I’d almost they just hire a boundless player for free and just give them some info to tell us

1 Like

communication still “technically” happens, [SOLVED] Sovereign , 41 minutes after the initial post during normal business hours.

2 Likes

Yeah so I’m somewhat mystified that they @james couldn’t literally type
The update is coming we are not stopping this game

2 Likes

They’re definitely still working on the update - be patient, young humans.

2 Likes

O I was mainly saying this I could live without the update I’m having fun

Sure thing! They owe us nothing tbf :stuck_out_tongue:

Well tbf they are the devs who made a game we bought so while they don’t owe us in order to make money you need people to play

literally the only thing i care about from the update is just not having to burn up cleanse points. people want to do different stuff i need to keep respeccing since im at the max number of pages already.

also like i said i blame the potatoe farms for delaying the patch

1 Like

I think that depends on why you bought the game. As we near the 3rd birthday of the game after release some bought the game with the features outlined on the store/website, which is fair.

And those services haven’t been delivered because 1) they didn’t work 2) they are moving in a different direction 3) communication on removing them as options with new focus. They just haven’t been delivered yet.

So ‘coming soon’ might sting a bit. Then you add in that this release is 6+ months and we are nearing that 3 year birthday marker in September (only 4 months away) and you realize that it will be 1 - 3 more years before those features are added.

Companies are responsible for their marketing, for the information they share and for their presentation to the consumer.

So I think that some have the right to expect something and it would be fair to perceive they are owed something based on that transaction.

Personally, I like building in the game, so I am not impacted. But that doesn’t blind me to the fact that not everyone bought the game for the same reason I did.

I also think it speaks to how much those people WANT the game to succeed and the features to be released. As, demanding a refund or walking away, is much easier. Folks trying to stick it out and want the features they bought the game for…shows they love the game…and just want the things in it that will engage them so they can continue to enjoy playing it.

Just my 2c of course.

4 Likes

I think with the amount of hours of enjoyment everyone’s had in Boundless, it’s been worth every penny for everyone. EVEN the original backers.

Also, those wanting titans - I have NEVER seen any of them on a hunt :wink: (in the last year at least)

3 Likes

Yeah, that is what is worrying me and why I’m wondering if I should be promoting it without a disclaimer. The game is EXCELLENT as it is as others pointed out, and if the devs never really talked all along I’d have no worries. There are a combination of factors troubling me here, too, not just the specific silence on any future reassurance. They’ve gone quiet on social media with promoting it - if I were looking to buy, that would be a red flag. One of the first things I do when interested in a game is to go check out it’s social media accounts. Also, Gleambow, IMO a major game event, not happening, and no explanation given (if it were a technical hang-up, not sure why not to say so), was pretty troubling.

Also, if it is because of BG3, wouldn’t expect change any time soon. I’ve been doing some reading on BG3, and seems their fans have concerns about the speed of things. Ambitious is probably a big understatement for what Larian is doing here. The game is going to be massive. They are spread out in seven locations - I’ve read of just having a couple branches of a studio on a project causing issues. Lot of job postings. Technical complexity, keeping the thing cohesive and consistent (fan base likely to be pretty critical here I think), localization, ect. Even if they’re not crunching yet, lot of work ahead of them, I’d be shocked if full release is less than a year out. All this isn’t a complaint - they can go as slow as they want, is my personal feeling, happy if it is keeping the lights on. Just would place my money on a long-term heavy time commitment for them there.

2 Likes

You know, it’s gotta be quite difficult for a small studio/dev company to suddenly have such a responsibility. I don’t blame them for taking their sweet time to get what seems like a lot of work completed perfectly.

Also, if I were them, I’d not be replying to all the negativity that’s been posted here recently haha

2 Likes

A lot of this is due to burnout. Simoyd ran hunts for a year after release of the game, looking forward to Titans and expanding group play. Didn’t pan out, so burned out on the game since that ladder of progression is not out (even now almost 2 years later).

Many of the folks I see concerned about Titans or asking for them were very involved after release with hunts, but stopped after running them for a while because there was no where to go for them.

So it is fair to say folks don’t see them on hunts. They did that, ready for the next thing…and it didn’t really pan out.

I think some folks early that were involved saw Titans as a group guild challenge, like a raid that they could do with their guild and friends…or at least content they could group and focus on.

Meteors really don’t accomplish that. They are chaotic and you can just zerg them. It is faster and easier to just show up with 30 people and collect your Oort.

For those I have seen asking for Titans (that I have spoken with) there was a desire for content that pulls people into a group that would benefit from an organized and careful approach.

You CAN do it with meteors…and for a time I know I did…just after a while the rewards are the same and it is easier to just show up to a hunt and spam your slingbow while you watch netflix :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

HEY! That’s how I lead hunts!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yep, exactly. Though some reassurance would be nice for my love of the game, I really feel kind of bad with some of the stuff I’ve been saying, part of me is just like, “Self, just shut up and enjoy what you have. Comparing it to a D&D roll, you hit at least a 19 on Privilege. These folks, many probably have families that they’re sacrificing time seeing to work what are probably brutal hours on this stuff… so that you can have more fun.”

Going from an Indie to part of such a large, spread out team on a massive project… can’t imagine it not creating shock in some ways. I hope that it at least is fun for them (even hard work can be fun if you are passionate about what you are doing) and that everybody is being really cool with them.

2 Likes

Theres quite possibly some legal or ownership issues with the larian situation that mean they can’t discuss certain things around game future/development.

Total guess, but there few other logical explanations that aren’t doom saying

4 Likes