Seems like a lot of old timers and regulars are quitting?

I’ve seen a few new bases set up around me on Dzassak, with two islands now starting to sprout some life into the place. Definitely quite nice to see it, to say the least. Doesn’t seem to be alts either, so it gives a bit of hope with the few places just in my back yard.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had an influx of people building around Brown Town, and wanting shops in the mall. ALSO, TNT MegaHub is looking pretty full - that’s usually my indicator of how many people are playing :wink:

7 Likes

I really wish we had a wiki-based space to work with, we could have our sovereigns all under the same category and get an already-cached page listing them. Boundlexx stopped working on my Mac but I haven’t started troubleshooting it or whether I have to switch to a different browser now etc etc . Fallen London has a fabulous wiki full of lore and all sorts of stuff that make it easy to revisit the stories after you’ve played them. Lore is. big thing for me, and so is easy lookup :smiley:

1 Like

Was/is there a Humble Bundle?

omg I so hope my 2015 mac doesn’t end up unable to play the public mmo planets at least; that happened with ARK and it sucked. I enjoy the main public mmo of Boundless though, absolutely cannot say that for ARK–I loved the PVE Barkaeology, Pugnacia, Myst, United, Eco, and ARK.life servers (me play just one univrse? shyeahright–I loved playing mod dev/test servers) and ran my own delerious combination of mods as Love And Rage server (Roraima map, my fave) for a while too.

tl;dr: I hope Bondless keeps supporting my 2015 mac at least in our current public MMO space

Well I had a stroke, so that put a stop to me playing. :sweat_smile: I honestly was starting to get a little bored though, and I’m still convinced local universes are a step toward sunsetting the main universe.

I’ll probably dip back in if and when the next update comes, if I’m able to use a computer again by then. But I feel like I’ve seen everything the game has to offer for now.

4 Likes

Hope you are ok!!

I’m blind in one eye and can’t use a computer screen without severe discomfort, but otherwise I’m getting there. It was probably the universe’s way of telling me I was playing too much Boundless anyway. :smile:

2 Likes

Uh oh that’s not good

Nothing to stop you from organizing something like that on what used to be the official wiki. Go wild.

2 Likes

What I’m seeing here is a lot of reasons people currently aren’t playing, but not so much quitting forever. Let’s not forget that while the content in the game hasn’t been updated in a while, the sovs update and this next one are easily the two biggest game-changing updates since the beginning.

I’m beginning to think this is more important than we’ve collectively realized over the years. It seems like people on the outside looking in reference the steam active player numbers a lot, and those looking for MMO’s in particular might go straight to those stats.

As Paka mentioned, recommending the game to people right now leaves you with a bit of a moral quandary because of the possibility that the MMO goes away. Marketing (even P2P) after single player is available will be a lot easier, since expectations are much much lower.

We could see a rise in active players, whether in the MMO or not, that would spur more sales and returning players and could inadvertently boost the MMO. I already told 5 people I’m going to buy them the game when the update hits.

4 Likes

Might make a new thread about this, but I really think we should get some life back into the Reddit sub. We have so many great screenshots and videos that could be posted there and the Reddit demographic is packed with people who would love Boundless. The Minecraft sub is one of the biggest ones.

4 Likes

Please remember, though, that the single player mode has phone-home DRM built in. Meaning that if the Wonderstruck/Turbulenz/Larian/whatever servers suddenly go offline, single player is disabled as well.

2 Likes

I straight up did not know that. Honestly that makes me less worried that the game is going to shut down then. Thought it might have been the backup plan to keeping the MMO alive.

3 Likes

I view this is a giant red flag that will drive a lot of potential single player people away, but I guess it’s a common enough thing most people aren’t too worried.

When I brought it up, the discussion got derailed by an incorrect belief that Minecraft can’t be played offline and then the thread moved on.

This does mean that you won’t be able to use local single player as a fallback when steam auth is down on Tuesdays etc as well.

Anyway, you’re right that it’s an indicator that they don’t intend for local universes to be an exit strategy.

2 Likes

Sooooooo if I plot very large area in Cookie Kingdom you can build something with out wasting plots Boop

And I hardly see anyone build on Houchus me no neighbor citys yet

3 Likes

Well if it does go the way we are all scared it is, some of us are working on ways to keep it alive or in some respect reboot it completely. Some of us are too determined to keep it going either way :smiley: The question is would the community support it after all of the debauchery around Boundless because depending on how they leave it in the end we may have to develop it from scratch, but if it is then there are those of us that would bend over backwards to keep it alive! If the support was there.

2 Likes

You need any help? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is my two cents … and it can be taken with a grain of salt as I have only been playing since January of this year… I’m AzureHunter/RedBound/GreenBound in game in case you didn’t recognize me.

As of today, I have invested an insane amount of hours…

So I for one am not bored, the lack of content updates while disheartening hasn’t put a damper on anything for me or my willingness to play the game just as consistently as I do now. It’s fun and there are enough community events that are just fun for me. I try to go on as many hunts as I can which can be fun … and if they aren’t I make them fun … I go on a number of Tesseract hunts and Gleambow hunts … I also gather and do meteors solo while gathering … I also have been trying to run a few shops, build a very LARGE color storage … I just built my first official “base of operations” for myself and god help me I started getting into forging … (FU RNG).

I also do so many other things I don’t see an end to it, but I have said it at least 50 times on the forums that while touted as an MMO it’s still a sandbox and a sandbox will ALWAYS be what you make it. If you are depending on development to make the game better for you in the end you will blow through any new content in a week to a month and be gone yet again.

What I would like to see is those of us that are playing to continue doing our hunts maybe get some community builds going again and if some community builds are happening and I am not aware of it send me the info I’m game to help out … I for one am sad that people are leaving, but I think overall maybe those people are just bored with the game and just want something new.

While I do know you will/may be back when the update rolls in, I only hope you aren’t the first to roll right back out when you get bored again. Playing a game that you enjoy and then getting bored with it and then expecting an update to change everything for you probably isn’t going to be the fix you are looking for. I do however hope it brings you back to stay…I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

8 Likes

I agree it is hard to recommend the game to people at this point due to lack of communication from the devs.

5 Likes