Serious Connection Issues

I did install the new drivers, and the problem does seem to have started after doing so. However, I’m not using an external monitor, but I do play on a laptop… so I’ll try it and see. Cross your fingers… and thanks for all the help and feedback!

The NVIDIA hotfix didn’t help. So, I ran pings from CMD and the results while logged in to the game and out of the game are fairly different. I’m a climber and backpacker and hang out in the mountains. My knowledge of computers/hardware/software has fallen off over the last 10 years… so maybe I’m missing something here.

Here are my pings logged out of the game, at the desktop, nothing else running -

Then here are my pings while logged in to the game -

Pretty major difference between the two.

thats sort of like what im having as well mine are stuck at 200ms and spike to 1000+

This free tool might help point out where along your route the problem is:

http://winmtr.net/how-to/

If you both run it you might have a common upstream IP (or provider) where the issue occurs. The results are useful to ISPs to show them where the problem is.

It’s my wifi router. Plugged in a hardline into the router and bypassed the wifi, pings are steady and solid.

2 Likes

So I love this game so much that I reinstalled windows entirely and wiped my drives, I don’t know if its pure coincidence or if it even fixed the problem, but me and my wife can now play without spikes each with 80-100ms ping which still isn’t as good as it was but At least I can play the game for the time being.

SCRATCH THAT,
still getting lag spikes 1000ms - 2000ms

Yeah that’s annoying. Wifi is kind of awesome and totally rubbish at the same time.

There might be some QoS (Quality of Service) setting you can tweak. Or maybe setup the router to only work on a fixed frequency, sometimes they’re configured to work across many modes. My router improved once I only allowed it to operate in 5Ghz.

(But I’m no expert here. Maybe someone else can offer some tips.)

I respect your efforts!! I’m super frustrated for you as well, especially as you’ve provided so much information to try and improve it.

I assume you’re not running wireless as well?

ill throw this in here… my avg latency is 132ms. i was checking it out last night… and i shot up to 521ms… not sure if thats good or bad… im located in Newfoundland Canada and im using Wifi… which after reading the discussion might be my problem…

always wired my friend, I’m gonna hold out for the new modem router to get here crossing my fingers thanks again

1 Like

Slashdot has an article today that the Dark Web is under full scale DDOS today. That may cause some disruptions…

good luck! @Vespane

New router/modem combo came in!!!
1ms response time to my local ISP,
60-70ms ping in game no spikes and here is the comparison of overall pings!!!
Thanks for all the support guys.

4 Likes