Server Event

How cool would it be to have Server Events? Modifiers applied to one or more yielding game mechanic.

While natural gleambows are a fond memory, I’d be really excited for #x drops or even a #x exp gain from all sources for x amount of time.

CRAFT-A-PALOOZA - Crafting items will output x times.

Falling Sky - meteor spawns interval are halved; completed/dormant de-spawn timer doubled.(works with Gleambow augments)

NOM NOM LVL - Exp gains are increased for food crafting by #x

Pew pew Patrol - Exp gains are increased for slingbow kills by #x

IMA LUBERJACK - Exp gains are increased for chopping trees down by #x

Dwarf Season - Exp gains are increased for digging/mining by #x

10 Likes

Reserved for your ideas

2 Likes

Dwarf Season - Exp gains for hunting and finding @Dwarftree on Exo planets

On a more serious note …

Treasure Hunt - Random chests spawn with random loot

6 Likes

Natural placement Speed- Speed Increased for placing liquid, grass, crops

Tis the Season - events like Valintines , halloween. Oortmas , Gleambow exos appear on random exos

Meteor Quirk Fun - when meteor Life is obtained a Random Quirk is applied

Ahhh Friendly Fire - meteors spawn have the chance to apply friendly Fire Debuff upon receiving meteor life

4 Likes

Mushrooms season - Double xp and/or drops from mushrooms

Wildstock/Roadrunner/Cuddle/Spitter Migration - Either same as above for each case, or double the chosen critter spawns around the worlds…

Meteor showers (found on a specific world) - Clusters of Three meteors hit in one location at a time.

Portal Time (needs a better name) - during this time there is a chance that killing a critter opens up a portal to a small (ish) area (similar to sanctum) full of a hoard the specific critter. These can be timed and kick people back to the sanctum with a portal back to where thy left…

2 Likes

You beautiful people are amazing.

@Redlotus I pictured dwarf tree like Don Vito (viva la Bam) just spewing nonsense at ya and throwing random loot.

1 Like

i think it will never happen…

Do you think you’re making the world better when you post things like this?

Flight for a day

3 Likes

Maybe maybe not would be a cool addition and a step forward.

1 Like

So many of my builds will shoot right up once the crafting for dem blocks is done

I don’t want to be a hater here, as I love seeing ideas flow, but things like double xp/drops/meteors sounds a little mobile gameish and could have some undesirable effects on the economy. Especially if they were to roll consistently from one to the next. I put a lot of thought into the pros and cons so I promise I’m not just trying to shoot the idea down.

Double crafting output, for example, would have pre-effects and after-effects that I think a lot of people wouldn’t be big on. OCD would be thrown into overdrive and there would be insane amounts of gathering leading up to it, potentially crashing the forged tools market. People would camp regen farms and wouldn’t want to craft until the event. Event comes around and crashes the markets for spark and other crafting items that they didn’t gather enough of, while still camping regen farms between crafting intervals. Afterwards, plotting runs rampant and crafted mats plummet in price. Forgers don’t get to take a break after this as many people will still carry on with their regular activities. I just think there would be too many complaints and burnt out players.

To add a more positive thought, I think exo-based events are the way to go. No warning before they show up, events can be specific to each tier so the more fun ones can be available to all while challenging ones like double meteors would only be on higher tiers etc, and it wouldn’t cause quite as much of a disruption to uninterested players.

You make great points and it MIGHT look like dissected the fudge out of your reply, BUT LETSAGO!!

Well sort of. I’ve played multiple MMO’s that host crafting/xp/drop events periodically with great success. The challenge is to tailor it to the mechanics you have. It’s going to be difficult as hell but that sense of accomplishment from the devs would be legendary

Make them ABSOLUTELY RANDOM. You hit on this in your post which I’ll add to the ideas post above. BUT, you can prepare so much before a crash would happen. How many whales are actively playing or would return for events?

OOF this is a tough one. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh be civil and take turns? jk Folks could go forth and search the universe for other farms to well farm. I deff see @bucfanpaka’s Pakaverse sorta assisting with that.

Maybe but c’mon will someone really go out and farm the living [redacted] of resources just to be a dingleberry and plot up a world?

Yes, but it will recover. Folks get bored REEEEEAALLLLLYY easily

If more drops more people can try their hand at forging in addition to stocking up your favorite forger… I’m looking at you KArios jk (love your forges tho)

2 Likes

Oooh, how about a “more friendly RNG in the forge” weekend.

Oh, that’s not what you were trying to go for here? Oh :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ah I did skip over the possibility of it being spontaneous but also on public worlds. And with the potential that the whole existence of these events could keep the population more consistent we’d have enough forgers to accommodate.

Overall the idea is great. More events that are less significant than holidays yet more manageable for the devs. Something to keep us on our toes in addition to exos.

3 Likes

I keep thinking about the flying for a day idea and I seriously love it. Maybe call it a week so we can get screenies of our builds at every possible angle :smile:

2 Likes

While on a hunt yesterday Pinky mentioned having multiple meteors merge in air to make a bigger one.

1 Like