Setting up shop

Hi all. I’m fairly new here, so my apologies if this has been asked and answered a dozen times. How does one go about acquiring space at one of the markets? I would like to set up a small shop and wasn’t sure if space is centrally managed or if you just hunt for an open plot and claim it.

As a unrelated side note, I love the community around this game. Its impressive to see how quickly everyone helps each other. Please let me know if there are resources I can review to learn more about community based projects.

2 Likes

Hello,

If you want to set shop in Pixel Gate. You can set in an empy plot, or set a 1 plot shop near the centre of the city, asking @Karokendo to help you with it. Only requirement we ask in the one plot shop is for it to allow access to the neighbors. On the shops by the roads, we only ask for it to look good; yes it’s a very wide concept, but truthfully it’s hard to go wrong in Boundless with the nice blocks and colors.

On the Therka Market I remember hearing one time, that it was 2 blocks on the side of the road and then all you wanted up or on the sides. Can’t really give specifics as I haven’t set shop there. You can ask @Heureka for further help.

As on Berlyn, it’s free entry. Don’t know if they have any wishes or guidelines, @Havok40k can fill you in better than I can.

All places mentioned above, have free entry. But I don’t know if they have any preferences to go about them, except for Pixel Gate.

Hope to see your shop soon.

3 Likes

Feel free to claim any free plot on Therka market, it is open for all.
Good luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to Boundless! I’ll be sure to look out for your store.

What planet are you currently setup on?

2 Likes

Thanks guys. I just found some space at Therka Market. My home planet is Berlyn.

3 Likes

I rarely visit Berlyn, but I’m constantly passing through Therka Market. I just released a plot at the eastern end, by the portal to Solum temple - so that’s free if you want something close to the center.

As for resources, I recommend @Stretchious’s website; Boundless Crafting, and @Jiivita’s YouTube Tutorials.

You can also ask any questions on the Boundless Community Discord. The link is here; https://discord.gg/g4EC2TA

Other than that, there’s always someone to answer your questions here, or trotting about in-game. You might even be lucky enough to catch a developer moseying about your build.

2 Likes

Hah, I just realised you built your shop on the foundations I setup. Quick progress!

I want to visit the Therka market need some relaxing exploration time. All the time in the caves my tan is gone.

5 Likes

Maybe, we are quite sneaky about when we turn up to be nosy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You are welcome:)

I saw @vdragon in the Solum temple early, then blinked and he was gone.

Bunch on ninjas, you lot.

2 Likes

Haha, that was me (playing on PS4 - i don’t have it setup on my system yet), looking to take screengrabs of the portals and players coming through them.

1 Like

I hope you didn’t get a shot of me. I came through and did a derpy slingbow glitch /wave.

I’m also very jealous you get to play this on PS4.

I tried but you were too quick on your feet for me!

1 Like