Settlement on GORTNEN - EU West

Ah! i just thought it was weird that a player own a capital beacon :stuck_out_tongue:

all capitals are owned by players .-.
I own one two ^^

You’ve all got a really cool settlement going on here. Aside from that Ranger problem. Seriously never seen so many in one go as Gortnen.

1 Like

makes for good essence farming^^

It’s a nice place with many options for buildings. I by the way have a good idea for a public project probable with use somewhen :smile:

We could start building a farm. With different areas for seed planting or animal breed.
Who likes to start with it can do. Think about a good construct with storage places and maybe a barn.

On one side of the market place is a big space till the other side, where mountains begin.
It could be placed there, because probably needs a lot of space.

If you like to do, just start.

The next 2 weeks I’ll be probably not much online, because of christmas-family-activities :wink:

So see you after.

We need a religion :3
i propose [Religion] Lester's Legacy
Please consider this everyone! :smiley:

Roll up Roll up! Capital Wares now sells livestock!

3 Likes

“Here Little … whatever you are… come here, let me kill you”
:3

I joined you at GORTNEN :wink: i stated building my home at the hills.

Super cool idea :smile:

For the market definitely good :slight_smile: just need a bi farm for the settlement somewhere nearby :slight_smile:

By the way, I already saw that some people already occupy 2 beacon fields on the market. Please don’t occupy more, else we limit the maximum number of participants by half. That’s why I first said : one beacon for everyone.

If you want to be bigger, buil your house around the market. Also let’s the settlement look bigger :slight_smile:

Will rebuild my plots so that it become’s one plot sometime later. :smile:

Wait–I just built my house in the market? Oh well. I thought we were setting up a nice neighborhood with sidewalks and stuff. (Because I’m on vacation and half my brain is turned off.) Lots and lots of block-breaking about to commence…

yes, i recommended this huge lower ground as the market place :slight_smile:
Because it has natural limitations and enough space for many players. Also the beacon grid works nice on it.
Then you can also create a bigger house (like the ones already placed.

The houses should be around this lower market area. Like the others :slight_smile: that’s why your house is far the biggest on the market area haha :smiley:

I am by the way amazed when I see how the settlement is growing. Cool!

[quote=“Smoothy, post:72, topic:3297”]
Because it has natural limitations and enough space for many players. Also the beacon grid works nice on it.[/quote]

I’d recommend we lower or raise the terrain a few blocks for a more ideal use of the beacon grid. At the moment a lot of the first beacon layer is under ground and therefore wasted :frowning:

1 Like

1.) then everyone had to rebuild their houses
2.) the shop shall be small

Why should the shops be small? Because then you can just sell a limited amount of wares. Everyone has to choose what to sell. Like this everyone cannot sell everything.

So I don’t think it should be a problem. On the other hand you could build a basement, if you want more space. And you can build your house near the market, which gives you more space too.
Additionally: If the buildings are too high, the market will lose the “charme” of a market.

I’d vote against lowering it.

where can i place my house there idk if i cant plae it wherever i want or by the littlre white road

Not down in the gridded area–that’s for the marketplace. Any area outside the “crater” (such as it is) is probably okay, as I understand the situation. Look at Smoothy’s top picture (lots of green in it)–that’s the place for shops. Houses go anywhere else you see houses.

well okay then il start buiding a house

Nice house but that’s a lot of beacons!

Hi sikerow,

I didn’t answer yet on your question, because I’m in christmas vacation and not quite often at the pc.
Generally you can build your house all around this lower area.
the lower area was planned to be the market and every should use maximum the place of one beacon there. So the maximum number of people can join us down there in the market.

But all around you can build a house whereever you want. Just don’t build the house to big.
Try to see the other houses as an example in their sizes. That makes the village look more like a village if we don’t have these huge skyscapers :wink:

Also try not to build your house right at someone else house wall. Get a few blocks distance, and maybe mark with a way where is your entrance and where is the limitation of the lot.

You can post a screenshot in here, if you like. The Topic is made for that. People can post screenshots and share with the others what they have created and where.

Edit: I am not able to enter the game at the moment, to see everything myself because i just have my notebook here and that’s kind of sloooooow…