Settlement on GORTNEN - EU West

Hi everyone,

just found a nice place, with plane areas and lakes to the sides. I started to build a little house there. Thought it could be a nice point to start a small settlement. If you like, come and join me.

If someone wants to participate, please try to keep your houses “small” (the “lot” you are using as well) so that other players feel welcome to also build their little residences there.

Think my house and lot area is not too big. If everyone stays in house size like this there is enough space for everyone.
Maybe we can use a grid of ways and natural limitations like cliffs / lakes to make the lots look more natural. I just started with some way down to the lake, where my house is and set a few lights. Feel free to add stuff.

My house should by the way not be an example for the all over design.
Do as you like. Also the color of way and decorations can be changed if you wand.
**The beach has pink sand by the way :smiley: **

Would be nice to get some neighbours :smile:

The coordinates:1085.30, 69.90, 1254.92

Here a few pictures of the area:

Community Project Rules:

Higher Area - Living Area
the Higher Area, around the crater, limitated by mountains in north and south and lakes to the west and east is the Living Area, feel free to build your house here. Just try not to build your houses too big or high. Try to stick to house sizes of settlers in place. If you have an Idea for a bigger / community project, just write a post and we discuss where it’s suitable.

Lower Area - Market Area
The Lower Area (inside the crater) is the market Area, everyone can occopy a two-beacon-sized field. A way grid is already premade and should be used on.

The big tower in market area is just accidently placed here and is discussed to be moved somewhere.

3 Likes

… Why would someone make a capitol that you can’t get out of… I can’t go there.

Hey Smoothy,

How can i meet you? I can’t seem to find any coordiantes :frowning: so i seem to run circles in gortnen…

Really can’t find? Here screenshot with coordinates.
Did I made mistake? Thought it’s my Player Position…

you find coordinates if you press “.” several times.

I by the way don’t have any clue about what you wanted to say… maybe because english is not my mother tongue.

I found it! :smiley:

hope some more people do, so we can have a little settlement.
Choose a place where you wanna be, but try to stick a little to the “guidelines” above :smiley:

I think interesting it will be, if more people come and when we are able to trade / sell.

Nice that some people found me :slight_smile: I recommend to show people what kind of space you want to occupy. Just add some way in a certain distance to your house, so others will not interfere to much in your lot. Else you never know how close the next persons come.

Not quite sure yet, what here will be developed, but looks like someone wanted to reservate some building ground :smiley:

Also for you, add some ways to show which space your lot should occupy, if it should be more then your pre-built space yet.

1 Like

You can get out the exit is next to the spawn

Trading will be sooner or later one of the main aspects within a settlement. So I was thinking, the big deeper area between the 2 lakes is a nice spot to build up a market place.

To mark the market place, i wanted to have something inside the center. So I created a little fountain, hope you accept it as the center of the market place.

2 Likes

Heyy. I found the game a biiit boring because of less player interaction, will be fun to play with yall ;D

Well its been ages since I last logged in so I’ll be needing a bit of info. (I’m a noob at boundless mind you)

Uhm which server?
Is it like a proper team/settlement like there is in minecraft (factions)? I’m not aware of the game mechanics yet.

I’ll probably be there later.

I’m in Denver on a business trip but I’ll check it out Friday night after I get home.

Coming online right now :slight_smile:

Finally! Found it!

Hi everyone,

to make as much people as possible be activ on our market place, I constructed a grid (respecting the plot grid of beacons). A shop may be inside one plot, so many people can participate. It is a small space, but like this you later need to decide more wise, what objects you want to sell. See it as kind of challenge to create a little store inside your 6 x 7 field :wink: (not 8x8, because on 3 sides a way is included). Would be nice if you stick to that pattern :smile:

If you want to be in the center you have to accept the lack of space because of the fountain.

See you maybe later!

Some shots of the progress here:

3 Likes

I’ll be online later today

Anyone going to be on here today? would love to meet up with some people :smile:

I would love to but the world is so depressing and grey :c

Coming online now!