Settlement -- using someone elses former name?

Was looking on the BL crafting checking out planets and saw that the settlements are now listed. Checked on Tana VII and my son and I, who had the name of MadDoctor’s Island and moved from there, removing our beacons so thought the name was no longer on that planet. I saw that there is a settlement of over 17k prestige and is using the name of MadDoctor’s Island.

Honestly, I confused; we are on a different planet now, so there isn’t a conflict and some would see it as a complement that they liked the one he was using. But it is just weird to me.

location is 144N -2128E don’t know the attitude. We were around 240N 2160E which is where Micronesia (I was spelling it as Microasia, opps) is located. We were on the other side of the lake. Well, really I guess it is part of a river, just wide in that area and so have called it a lake as I thought it ended due to the bends in the river. Yeah, I know, should have paid better attention.
More curious than concerned about it.

It could be coincidence. I’m sure a lot of us are Mad Scientist / Doctors at heart :slight_smile:

The settlement names shown by BL crafting and other sites are updated once a day, I believe, maybe longer depending on the site. They are seeing an older state of the game, so give them a bit to update. The same thing happened with Micronesia, as the people running the capitol force-annexed the force-annexers and started cycling through all the names of the settlements that had already been annexed in a show of solidarity. I believe everything is back to normal now, so we shall see how it goes.