Severe lagging today

Until yesterday morning I could happily stay in the world I have choosen for testing (adventureer package) and build my first big home, I was able to stay uninterrupted for several hours and build, hunt run around, switch to different worlds etc.
This morning I called up steam and noticed a changed dialog for “playing”, “world editor” and when I started the play mode , after login and popping up in my world / home and turned around, RUBBERBANDING for EVERY movement! I immediately quit, restarted the game, no change! I switched to different world (Civini) and is is the same, even standing in the wild, no complex housings…
Certainly I had to check my network speed: 102MBits downstream, 6MBits upstream as I expect it (KDG/Vodafone cable connect). An external speed test tool verified this. I do not have currently other local network users eating my bandwidth…IT MUST BE BOUNDLESS that is running UNPLAYABLE.

What did you chance to the worse?

Could you respond to the requests in this thread on networking issues?

here are the screen captures of two measurements. For DSL speed test I have used a tool that does not need FLASH !!!

Your bandwidth looks severely constrained (100Kbps down!) - might want to see if someone or something else is doing some downloading in the background?

Another flash-less speed test to try, just to double check, too: http://fast.com

There’s also a beta (no flash) version of the speedtest.net site suggested by @james available at http://beta.speedtest.net/

1 Like

Hi,
You are perhaps misstaken by the “.” In the download rate…it is 100 MEGA bits per second! You dont want to tell me, that boundless needs more bandwidth, do you. :slight_smile:

Ah! 100,000 vs 100.000; I misinterpreted it as a decimal place

Hi @Kurokaze. I’ve updated the FAQ entry on connection quality to include some details about packet loss.

1. Are you still experiencing rubber banding with the game?

2. If so, can you switch to the Testing Steam Beta - confirm that the rubber banding continues.

3. Report the Ping output explained in the FAQ entry.

This will help us track down what is triggering the problem.

Thanks!!