Shadow Red - The elusive color (somewhat)

Post what you roll here to so we can see. Maybe some combo is better than others.

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

I’m going to do a Burn and a Corrosive. I’ll post them here as I fill them out, if any interesting colors roll I’ll post. I’ll post the names and where they are when I open them regardless, I might not do anything with them unless off Alycon and possible hub replacements but someone might enjoy them. :slight_smile: With the Burn, I’m copying my last that had a great ruby count but landed off Norkyna. These will have no rivers and standard caves on all.

Burn T6-
4 - Old Villages
5 - Graveyard, Large Meteor Strike, Snowy Redwoods
6 - Alien Invasion, Desert Overhangs, Island Trees, Lantern Field, Gleam Cavern
7 - Ancient Village, Gleam Spiral, Corrupt Trees (trying this last one instead of Cube Field)
8 - Gleam Rain

Corrosive T6-
4 -Gleam Lake, Mangroves
5 - Man Made Islands, Icebergs, Ocean
6 - Clam Ocean, Coral, Hanoi, Lantern Field, Island Trees
7 - Cube Field, Mouldy Sea, Gleam Spiral
8 - Growth Field

And I put this in the comments of one… not that it will likely help or get seen, but can’t hurt I suppose (watch both worlds roll with Silk Yellow everything now). :laughing: Or at least another color shifting exo soon? :pleading_face:

3 Likes

I shoulda said waiting for like a video teaching it or in one of the Boundless schools yo post it lol

I also made a comment…something like Show me the love with Shadow Red James! Should have screen grabbed it.

1 Like

Conveniently I do have 3 SS of Shadow Red (22) grass seeds:

I’ll add Shadow Red grass to one of mine if it helps, but it looks like there is a T1 with Shadow Red Verdant out there now, Nightmare Realm… if that has gathering permissions that would be a lot easier.

It’s my understanding that the block color selection is determined exclusively by the world type and RNG.

This appears to be documentation for world color selections. If I remember what James said on the forums correctly, when the world is generated, it builds a completely random set of colors and then applies these biases to those in order to make them more consistent. The actual JSON for the config for this is here, but I’m not sure how helpful that is without the actual code.

There’s more out there. Gem planets (stated by james) have the most chance of generating colors far out of palette, as I think @bucfanpaka mentioned. I can confirm that with high confidence but also some of the threads about this were hundreds or thousands of posts, it’s super hard to find quotes on this.

Regarding the original files posted above, someone analyzed that and said black gleam was actually blocked despite what James said. A couple of days later there was a black gleam sov, so I have no idea if that’s bad analysis, or shenanigans on the part of the devs.

They actually did this, and it sucked. They changed it early on. Each world type starts with a palette/range based on type and tier, then randomizes based on those biases.

3 Likes

If you want me to scan any rolled planets just reach out to me in a PM :slight_smile:

As soon as I get one I’ll let you know. For me none have popped yet. Not sure about others.

1 Like

Ok, planets up and off Alcyon, so temp portals open! :smiley:

I put Shadow Red verdant on the Corrosive if it helps. Changed the other two soil types on the Burn to Shadow Red. I didn’t really note any interesting colors but the Burn has Hot Orange Verdant, that was kind of cool. :slight_smile:

A shame both are a good bit below the ones I have now in gem %. I think that Burn off Norkyna now (Head VI) just got really lucky with huge amounts of the best biomes. This Corrosive though, so far I do see some nice spots, and it has a decent hunting area there, tempting to add a little more time.

Although I know it will initially look horrible, I wish they’d give us a “Completely Randomize Colors” on the rental purchase sheet. That would give us at least an equal chance at rolling anything, for those of us who want to take a chance on it. Plus, easy enough to change it after!

4 Likes

My planet showed up…disappointed. Kind of a meh planet. I did get every block type though. No new Shadow Red.
You want copper/iron though:

The name is Meh World and it is off Serp. All perms are set, all are welcome.

2 Likes

Thought this was interesting:

4 Likes

Mapped it!

This is one of my favorite biomes -

Nice Lava Lake as well -

4 Likes

Finished building a 105k prestige platform on a Sovereign planet that not many people will ever go to…just because I did not want to fall in lava getting gleam. :rofl:

But hey that being said it is save to go to!

10 Likes