Share Workshop(Machine) Design Ideas

Mine are a fairly straight forward layout that give 6600 power output per machine. I could add another 6 coils below the machine but for aesthetics, I decided not to. :slight_smile:

I still need to add 6 more coils to each of the Compacters, Mixers and Extractors. Should get that done today. Here’s a view of the whole workshop… (Well, as much of it I can fit in a pic that is lol.)

6 Likes

My old workshop. Working on a bigger shop now with the same housing but I don’t have any pics atm.

5 Likes

Hello!
I wasn’t sure how many machines i was going to need in my new house and i hate constantly finding place for new machines so i came up with this design. It houses up to 12 machines of each type. With enough control, i can reach them all without grappling. You can coil them all or coil some and keep some uncoiled for mass production (rocks refineries for example).

As shown in the second pic, you can also have storage behind them in case you have a queue of items to be produced so you don’t mix them up and put them in your normal storages.

For sure you wont need 12 forge machines so the “forge” section houses all the other machines (paint machine, minter, color mixer).

White storage boxes in between the machines function as a mini space where you can clear your inventory when you need an extra slot or two quickly.

They look nice next to one another and they enable you to show off your gems xD

Edit:
I forgot to mention, behind each titanium net (octigrid), I have a set of generators for each machine type. It looks good :smiley:

10 Likes

Think I’m getting more minimalist with each new workshop set-up… a bit boring but streamlined functionality (though a bit over-kill now I have stopped making coils)

6 Likes

These are all great everyone! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Mines a bit more minimalist

4 Likes

I chose a simple organized and sleek design.

10 Likes

Here my workshop setup :

The changes allowing us to repair an entire set of machines by hitting just one of them was a god-send. We decorated our machines with ornated glass panes, decorative gleam, etc. No need to have an actual access to the room below.

Below the ground, we made a room with 2 blocks of space to walk in, with additional trenches to go under the spark-links.

It’s super tight, but we managed to have the same spark-link network for the machines below and above. Two to three more spark-links and we’d be at the limit for this network. ^^
We used foliage and starberries as a fig-leaf to hide the upper coils.

In case you’re wondering, here are the colors we used for each machine.

Refinery : Bright sepia gleam - Stark orange glass panes
Centraforge : Pale lylac gleam - Light lylac glass panes
Mixer : Vivid moss gleam - Stale moss glass panes
Compactor : Warm red gleam - Light red glass panes
Extractor : Light azure gleam - Bright blue glass panes
Workbench : White gleam / glass panes

6 Likes

Edit: ignore the fishes. They’re not done yet (like everything else I do in this game)

2 Likes

this is 1 of mine, at DkMall
(attached to my shop)
its also a work in progress still, i got distracted by sovereign…

3 Likes

It’s funny, noticeable that most of us have larger workshops with lots of machines. Lol
Are y’all like me and go big to try and offset the large crafting times?

3 Likes

pure this

go big or go home.
i cannot build small, i need to stay busy with challenges

2 Likes

Totally agree with you there!!

1 Like

I don’t agree with this. I think this is oversimplification. It’d need a different definition to describe the size of the build :face_with_monocle: and on top of it, this is not your main project

1 Like

well that makes a game a game, you can do whatever the game mechanics let you
the only limitations is your own. each individual has a different look at the game they play.
for me its big, bigger, biggest

correct

1 Like

Hats off to you. I’ve been to several of your build and I always have to take a moment to put my jaw back in place :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :smile:

1 Like

^_^* thank you

Mine is tiny. I have 3 workbench 6 extractors mixers compactors and 1 forge in my main workshop. Then I have 3 or 4 mini workshops across the worlds that have 1 of each machine fully coiled.

1 Like

Prototyping the new TNT facilities at the moment on Janus II (creative world) Accessible directly from megahub, once there turn right and portal is named TNT Testing.

At present the food kitchen is complete albeit decor will change, but functionality is complete.

We voted on the foods we wanted to actually make, so this is optimised for that purpose.

The start of the brew side.

3 Likes

Personally I like my workshop as compact as possible, so I “alternate machines” in a line so I don’t have to put as much spacing between machines.

So you would go workbench - space - compactor - space - workbench - space - compactor - space to fit four fully coiled machines in a row in a single plot (8 blocks wide for 4 machines) if that makes sense

You have to go every other for fully coiled. If you only need 13 coils per machine, you can squeeze 8 machines into 8 blocks of width

You can see what I mean under the dkmall lobby (though I messed up initially and didn’t leave spaces, so I had to jury rig it for more power coils, and I haven’t bothered to redo it, I’m waiting for updates)

1 Like