Shield (hunting)

I see some people unhappy with lack of weapons and such to choose from when they go to hunting. So heres my idea.
-Shield-
This would make great use in hunts where you are tanking .
It would block certain amount of dmg.
Also nice addition would be if you could get forge effect that could reflect ammos back.

9 Likes

this will be great considering the 100% accuracy of creatures.

3 Likes

I agree! Even a proper blocking system would be combat that much more intuitive.

Fourthed, sign the petition!

Most attacks can be dodged. The only ones that can’t are the homing attacks.

2 Likes

i agree, but that doesnt mean that the mobs do not have 100% accuracy.

1 Like

Dont forget about the immediate 180 degree turn wildstock can take and the path prediction spitters have

1 Like

Honestly having a shield that other can rally behind sounds amazing. Especially if you could forge it to add things like reflect, durability, or aoe heals

2 Likes

I think it’s a great idea! Seems to go very well with the entire game vibe. Make it an active block/reflect though and have it run down stamina FAST when being used. This would make the fist/shield tank archetype a reality and make healers live longer. Also, I LOVE SHIELDS.

1 Like

Give it increased hate stat too that overides dps players hate

1 Like

This is a really cool idea ^^ esp for the homing attacks that can be a death sentence for slow / low hp / low armor players… as far as helping healers… when i healed the hunt last week, it felt like i generated 0 agro… nothing ever looked at me unless i shot it with a bow and I was constantly getting healed by my own bombs… i felt like i was lazily shopping in a super market that happened to be in the middle of a war zone O.o

3 Likes

Haha best description :joy::joy::joy:

Yeah, I’d love me some shields. I usually lurk behind trees when hunting. Works well but isn’t that flexible.

2 Likes