Shimmering orbs-opinions please

Oh… i did i did :stuck_out_tongue: sry i meant orbs. That would have been nice or gleam having a chance of dropping one, like whats making gleam glow anyways.

1 Like

I use a stone axe on Norkyna :stuck_out_tongue: Other things that help

• shadow epic
  • control (increases interaction range and more stealth, both help a lot, control is underrated, with it you can hit the mushrooms from far away even if there is a mob next to them, with max control and the shadow epic you can go pretty much next to the mobs and they won’t aggro you so no armor skills needed, a side effect is that collecting reactive lamella is easier too since you don’t have to dive a lot)
  • power and damage epic (to make my stone axe usable)
  • agility and high jump epic (makes moving around a lot faster)

This is basically investment-free shimmering orbs, stone tools cost next to nothing and anyone can make them, I get about 200/h, but it is limited by the regen times if you empty out the whole planet.

edit: Resource distribution per planet, shimmering orbs. Houchus isn’t as good as it look is if you can’t traverse the mess of the surface.

2 Likes

Apologize that I came across that what I think is right. In pain and should have stayed off the forum, but wanted something to help distract me. Became the Queen of my way is the right way, which has really ticked me off in another thread (I didn’t start that one).

I see both sides of this, My alt is getting to where he can make the forged tools. I have enjoyed taking my time and am much slower than others in getting to forged tools, and have had no problem until this point, where I need to use them on higher level planets and I still feel that telling low level players to buy the expensive tools, foods and brews and regen bombs is unfair when they have so little coins.
I did not know that there were farms on low level planets, have searched a couple times for threads on locations of farms in the search engine and most of the posts are from way back and some of the ones I hunted up have closed. Or so difficult to find I have given up. I don’t like PS portal system, you don’t have one area where you can go and find all the planets and go trough, you have to go from one planet to another to another and to another. Hate that, but that is me and many others like it.

How about farms near Ultima hubs, why hasn’t anyone done that?

I need the glow caps for my shop to make coins, it is one of the top selling items and the hard to get in such dangerous planets to me is a bit much. I have all the protection, the shadow and stealth.
My son doesn’t but I’m not good at fighting the critters when I do get attacked and having them doesn’t keep me from being attacked, it just helps to lesson the chance. Be running and go over a hill and landing on top of a might goat and he won’t be happy and will chase you a long way.
My son needs the shimmering orbs for his crafting and I would like some for the food I make, I don’t sell it, but have it for myself and for the guild I am member of. I will probably need them later on for crafting something but for now I need just a few and hate to bust up the glow caps to get them and haven’t been able to find much growth anywhere. I don’t know why I had typed glowing lamella, brain fuzzy from pain, I guess.
I don’t need those (glowing lamella), as far as I know for what I do. As for vital orbs, I can get them easy so they are no problem for me.
I still think the glowing cap mushrooms are too few and should be rare on lower level planets, level 5, and the plants should be increased by around 5% so there are more of them on the high level planets.

I appreciate the responses of everyone, even those who disagree with me, I had wanted the opinions of players of how they see if there are enough shimmering orbs.

I see your point and you make a good argument for it. I guess I am too much in the area that I want to do everything myself and hate it when I have to buy things I can’t make yet.
I will have my alt level up faster so he can start to make those tools for me.
Don’t know why I had used glowing lamella, brain fuzzy from pain maybe, I want both the shimmering orbs for me and for my son, he needs them for crafting and I want them for food and crafting. I want the glow caps to sell, they give me the coins I need to buy the regen bombs among other things; which I have bought at New Leyden Market.

Please tell me the portal is not PS, I find them to be such a pain to use, why can’t they do a group of portals that are all together instead of a player having to go through several portals to get to one planet?

I can handle paying around 2k or less, but seems I am missing out, all I am finding are ones that are 5k and up, most are up and I can’t afford those and don’t want to pay that high of a price for a tool that last no more than half a hour. That is what I refuse to pay for. And I don’t blame the ones who make the tools, I think the developers should extend the time. And not to where it would last two, three or higher, but the tools shouldn’t break down so fast.
Whole other thread, but a repair for the tools would be good, one that would bring it back to 75% and one use only and the tool can’t be repaired again. That way we could use and have it last longer. It could be a crafted item.
Forging mats, Ugh, I dread having to buy those, but I will when I start to craft tools that need them, which will be soon, well, not real soon.

There’s farms thru Ultima and pure networks as well. I’ve actually mentioned it to you a lot of times in various posts about trying to get shim orbs but I guess you’ve missed them some how. Unfortunately the portal to the farm on shedu thru Ultima is closed right now but they do have one on another planet. I’ll have to look later to see which planet. @Ratchel has one thru pure. Can’t remember planet but hopefully he will chime in since I tagged him. I have one on dzassak thru Ultima. Return rate is lower since it’s on a t1 but also you can just use iron tools if you wanted.

May I ask where does your site get the data?

It’s on galan

Not missed it, can’t remember it. One of the meds I have to take to basically live number one negative side effect is mental confusion and memory loss. Two others can also cause memory loss so I forget things real easy. I will remember reading something about it somewhere sometimes when I read a post about the subject, but where and the details are gone.
I know that I have looked at times for info using the search, but haven’t found a lot that give directions. And naturally the word shimmering orbs brings up lots and lots of threads. Also wanted to try to do the gathering without using farms and having to buy the expensive tools, brews and drinks.
Seems like I am stuck now that I am in need of the shimmering orbs and my son is. Will check out the one Dzassak today and I have silver swift tools that I use when I go looking for such items.
And have written down in my Boundless notebook the name of the planet and that I can use the Ultima hub to get there, going to have to do so with some other farms it seems.

I wish I could plant some of the wretched excess of flint and have it come up as glow caps a couple of hours later. Now that would make my day.

Mean time, it’s just me, my vanilla Titanium Shovel, and an hour of my play time to get a good 36 or so orbs from the green green growth of delta cancer, along with enough organ meats to slowly contribute to my next batch of haggis. I wouldn’t say no to hiking the drop rate of shims by a few points, but I’d leave the distribution of the glow caps because it given me such a rush on those rare events when I do find one.

For me, I found it frustrating to have to spend 2 hours and only get 10 of them for me to sell and my son got around 5 or 6 for him to get the orbs. The only good thing was finding that Cardass had these tall stacked towers of sand that has lots and lots of aloba plants that give reactive lamella and I forgot what else (vital orbs?) which my guild can use the reactive lamella and I can sell some along with the vital orbs.
I just want a 5% increase of the planet and two less recipes for them so they are easier to get.
The shops of course don’t want less so they can charge high prices and they can make the tools cheap to go to the farms and gather hundreds. If they can get that many why aren’t they selling them cheaper? They use them in the recipes for the centraforge and they can charge high prices for that. The haves want to keep and not let the have nots stay poor. Being cynical now.

Bob’s Farms on Galan. Reachable from Ultima, pure and ps Galan.

It’s basically, because they are needed in so many recipes - just checked and it’s 37! let that sink in for a moment… I definitely agree that some recipes could be adjusted - most of the people that can get hundreds in a matter of minutes burn through them really fast as well, and since they always need them there isn’t really much point for them in selling them.

Can’t speak for everyone, but that’s pretty much how it is for me. With growth farming I can get a bunch of them in a relatively short time, but I immediately burn through them for forging, brew and food crafting. And because growth farming isn’t exactly an exciting thing to do I prefer to only get as many as I need for myself.

I’d love it if there were just a few more Glowcaps around to make gathering them more viable, because it’s definitely more fun.

And yeah, that’s exactly it, most people would rather sell the pies, brews and forged items than the materials needed for them.

Straight from the game files!

1 Like

I kinda get it tho. At one point I couldn’t forge myself yet and wasn’t hi level enough to get enough gems so I saved up and bought one of those 3x3 forged gem hammers. What a waste of money that was back then. I didn’t have the skills to 1 shot anything, bck then also the atlases didn’t work on PS4 so I was still smashing rocks blindly and it really did not give me enough diamonds back to make it worthwhile. So I was cursing and claiming I would never buy those again!

Now please buy mine! Hahaha :joy:

Anyway, now I can’t imagine doing it without!

As for 2k, well, Original Forgeries Silver shovels are 1899c, titanium (which do last a bit longer but are slower and have a lower base damage) are 2399c. Some people use the titanium hammers on T5 planets so using a shovel one on Delta Cancret, a T4, will most certainly do the trick!

Note: I’ve use un-forged shovels at Delta to get myself a bunch shimmering orbs. Tho I did make fast brews already, the Super variant, not Mega, which, the Super, you should be able to make already as well.

Anyway, as I’ve told you on the New Leyden Portal Network, Delta Cancret’s gate is next to a lot of growth and it’s only a T4 planet…

I haven’t done any forging yet so can’t really go how I feel about the prices, it could be that I will be more understanding when I start to do so.
I know that I will tick off a lot in my feelings that more glowing mushrooms should be able to be found, not just for the orbs but for selling.
Another poster has stated that I can find the orbs for as low as 37coins. I have searched the mall, N. Leyden Market, and some others and have Never seen them less than 50c and that is still too much for how many I need to make the food I want, not even looking at forging.
Going to Delta, hope I do better there, just seem to have bad luck at farms.

1 Like

I dont know of this helps or not, play with one character mainly and ditch the shop. I have no skills in crafting, just gathering. If you dont craft and have no shops, you can make a decent coin daily,.

Also no portals there is a very good network in place and your oort will help them out keeping them up and you can make enough for gem forged tools in no time.

Legendville has 9k bows, my favourite for hunting and in general for all tools amazing prices.

I do have a second character with the only skill of, mass crafting. For all of my building needs: does nothing but mass craft for my main.

Picking a role worked in terms of levelling up and just being very comfortable with coin, hope the community had more role players then monopoly holders :stuck_out_tongue:

Almost forgot, you walk through the big beserevono gate on at Ultima hub, go through Alnitans and straight ahead is Shedu Tier. There is a shim orb farm that sells regen bombs and a few actually pretty decent public mines.

If you have any oortstone, anything you can make 8k on sell it, go to legendville buy a shocel for 7, go to farm and dont walk out of there untill ur tool breaks or you run out of food. You should at least have 400 shimmering orbs.

I was looking at regen bombs and the prices are in the 50 coins, but much higher,1000c and more. And low level players can’t afford that price, nor the t,000 + coins for the tool and the 200+ for the pies or drinks.

My son and I went to a place we know of that has a nice amount of growth, we did the math and I have the high drop skill and was using a fast shovel and was getting one orb for around every 30 orbs. He was getting one for over 50 orbs. That would be frustrating for a new player, which is why I quit going to farms, I couldn’t afford the cost of the tools, brews and pies. I did shell out for the regen bombs, felt it was only fair.
And I used the regen bombs at the site we went to, but whoever had been there before us hadn’t.
Today we went to both the growth on Delta C and we went to Shedu Tier to get the mushrooms. We did good, first time and we have been there around four or five times. We got just over 10 mushrooms.
But that shouldn’t be good, that should be horrible for a level 6 planet. There should be enough that players could get more than 10 after running around for three hours. And we tried to use a atlas, it wouldn’t even accept the mushroom, did the coal we put in. Maybe we should have used the orb, don’t know.
We need a 5 to 10% increase in the growth and in the mushrooms on the level 5 and 6 planets. And I would still like to see the pulsating orbs be used in other recipes, but make more needed. Have the need for 10 of them to make it more
Some remarked that the prices would drop if they were more plentiful. yes, they should, but more players would be able to afford to buy what needs the shimmering orbs, so you would make more from that I would think.

My network has a Hub beside s HUGE growth and mold area if youre ever interested.

Also lvl 1 has some growth now. And we are always tryin to make things more efficient.

If you are looking just for the glowing lamella with the shimmering orbs, honestly the drops are fine, its just certain planets contain more. Beserevono or however you spell it jas a decent amount its spread out quiet a bit, the grass is a little to high in some spots but some really nice clusters.

Use the atlas as usual but personnaly thats the best planet for me, easiet to get around, lots and i mean lots of other orbs and lammelas around, number one gathering spot for me :slight_smile:

I dont really know how people have trouble with coin, dont spend a dime untill lvl 20 thats my rule, then purchase the aoe stuff and you make that money back plus some.

I don’t right now care about the glowing lamella, my needs in the mushrooms are for selling for coins to have “cash” to buy what I need.
We tried Beserevono (don’t know the correct spelling either LOL) three times and would find just one or two, for us it has been the worst planet. Shedu Tier we have found the most but have died several times. Even with the stealth the mighty critters often zero in on us and chase up, Then the cuttletrunks will go after my son and it became a free for all when the spitters joined in and the hoppers showed up. He would distract them and I would go after the mushrooms or other plants and he died at around six times. We would have seen it as okay if we could have gotten more mushrooms, but just around 10 or 12? And in three hours?
Those who have the ability, the skills to play MMOs or similar survival games don’t understand how difficult it can be for those who are not just new but can have health issues that makes it hard.
This game is perfect for me in many ways, crafting, exploring, building, mining. I have grown since I started when I couldn’t even survive on a level two planet I can now on a level four survive, generally. Get a mob after me with some strong critters and I won’t survive, but that comes with the territory.
I have problems with my right am, it just starts to jerk, my fingers twitch and I just start shooting, do that when a mighty goat is around and you will die. It can and does jerk when I am shooting at a critter and I will miss, add in that I am a lousy at shooting and I have a hard time hitting the critters. Jerks and sends me over cliffs and I die.
When you can’t go and get the items needed from critters, you have to buy them, that cost coins. You want to make silver tools because the swift silver lets you collect more. But I couldn’t go and mine for sliver. Now I do a lot of trading, but when I first started, I didn’t know about trading, the posts were always go and buy at the shops, pay for this and that, and the prices were so high it was impossible.
Unless my son is with me, and to be honest, he feels the game is lacking in a lot of areas and plays now only when I need his help; I can’t go to the higher level planets. When more content is added, when it has more of a challenge in areas beside fighting the critters, he will come back.
Because I am a mediocre player doesn’t mean I should not play the game, nor should I have to lose out because I have to have my son with me when I visit level 5 and 6 planets.
if this game is supposed to be geared for not just adults but also for kids, then it should be where they can do some of the things that are fun, cooking food, making tools that need special items. Not make it real easy, but a chance to get the items needed.

Without reading the entire thread, I assume people informed you about using the Atlas with either the shimmering orbs, or glowing mushroom placed inside it, to show you where the mushrooms are on a planet (complete maps are obviously more helpful here, and now that maps are “real time” indicators it helps track down the little guys so much). I have had good luck on besavrona in the past, but it tends to be one of the more farmed planets for surface resources so it can get barren at times.

Without AoE shovels, max luck (and gathering epic i believe also helps), and either speed or strength brews (depending on the quality of shovel) growth farming is indeed a waste of time. With all of those however I was able to get about 200 orbs in about 30min. (using the farm on Galan off of the pure network). But I wholeheartedly agree this is not an ideal way to be the most efficient one in the game currently, and it is the most expensive for sure.

Unless you farm surplus and find shops buying the surplus Shimmering orbs (or glowing shrooms if you go that route) It can cost you a fair bit in coin that you have to gain somewhere else.

I’m in the camp of teaching more players the way to forge, but it is a difficult system to understand until you have put a lot of resources into it first. And the setup to make good AoE gem shovels is quite expensive, and unless you are making these kinds of tools your need for the shimmering orbs is much lower honestly.

So IMHO the glowing mushrooms should spawn in Lvl 4 worlds as well as the 5 and 6 worlds. It won’t hurt the market for shimmering orbs, but will allow people who just are not ready for lvl 5 or 6 be able to get the gear and foods to help them get to being able to do those higher level worlds.