Shop Scanners on shops behind closed doors?

Been there done that sometimes you can break in it only takes a flaw of 2x3 :sweat_smile:

I totally get that, but if you are running that far to try and get to the shop is it really worth all that effort? Or pay the extra 1c per item?

Even still, annoyance shouldn’t be a reason you report people/locations.

Otherwise, 90% of people on hunts should be reported too, and report the meteors as well-- those things always troll by landing on people and killing em’.

But still, I just want to know from a formal standpoint is it against the rules.

it sure would be useful if you could turn the searchability only for guild members, but since that feature does not exist, I suggest using the guild chat to inform people about restocking and such…
regardless of your good intentions, strangers have no idea what’s going on nor they care to investigate. I personally would not report it, but I would leave with a sour taste in my mouth making a mental note not to return there :slight_smile:
it is worth considering I think.

5 Likes

haven’t had that luck yet :smiley:

2 Likes

I plan on turning off just those, but even still I wanted to know the formal standing, since I cannot be the only one who thought of a shop for guildies to get supplies. [Granted. Only monster drops, so nothing major like hammers or anything]

3 Likes

Im going off of this post by Luca

You’re in the grey area as technically its not abuse, but its also not accessible to people outside of your guild.

1 Like

Venom,

Thanks for the reference – I don’t often read the forums, but turn to it when I need help or advice, or reporting a bug. So I definately missed that.

I agree this statement would indeed put me in a grey area. It is accessable by people-- more than 100 members currently. I think I only have 1 stand which advertises Tallow at 0.20C but everything else should be no less than 30% the prices I have publicly available.

I will be turning off discoverability for them, because I don’t wanna be a troll or mess with anyone, or discourage friends to visit our town. But at the same time I would like to hear how this stands with a Dev/Admin because it is available, just to select people. And I have no current way aside from posting the stuff to Discord [assuming all my guildmates use discord] or post it here-- which could also anger people, or post it to guild chat-- which we all know is so reliable to catch up on 100+ messages when we are offline.

So there isn’t a good solid way to advertise those shops without the discoverability.

3 Likes

Just put the stands that have the special prices for your people so they do not display the prices to the global search area. The public area that you see in the knowledge tab for buy/sell should be on shop stands that all people can access. Any other way would get you in trouble. You can set each stand separately just go through the options till it is not displayed.

Just throwing another opinion onto this.

If the stands aren’t for public use they shouldn’t be in the scanner. I wouldn’t be too happy to cross a world for that either.

“I want to know if it’s formally within the rules” is cute and all that but it simply makes me feel like instead of being annoyed and moving on I WOULD want to report the shop.

3 Likes

You should set those to not discoverable to the general public. Otherwise, I believe it is reportable.

I haven’t reported any yet, but I have come across a few similar areas with shop stands that were locked in a room. I ran over 1000m to them, so I was not a happy camper. It would be cool if guild shops/stands were their own thing. I was wondering about this also.

Edit: If the guild shop is on it’s own beacon, maybe label it “X Shop - Guild only” or something?

3 Likes

Yes…your guild members know it is there already…do u need to let the universe know as well. So u kinda knew what you were doing…and it was stated that if the public can not access a beacon and has the stand visabilty on they be dealt with…Well not in those words …So u deliberately locked doors and u left visibility on and have cheapest shop so you can be seen…definitely yes .U know what your doing…lol😎

2 Likes

I wouldnt report though. But would be annoyed

The shop scanner is planet-wide and only shows the shop name. It doesn’t show any signs you posted near it. People shouldn’t have to waste game time running 2000m+ to read a sign somewhere to know they aren’t accessible to the public.

3 Likes

It’s kinda a grey area… I guess this could be used as a guild recruitment tool to some degree- let people know that guild members get special prices and what not. I consider it like Costco or Sam’s club, requiring a membership to have access to their lower prices. Still, I feel it goes against the idea that was designed for with the shop scanner. This is a sort of emergent gameplay. I would suggest, if the owner of said beacon is reading this, that they post signs at the doors explaining HOW a person could gain access to these shop stands, and maybe even adjust the beacon in such a way to show that their beacon is exclusive to members. Maybe a future patch to shop scanner could allow beacons to self-identify as membership exclusive shops, and users can sort by public or exclusive shops when searching the scanner?

1 Like

No it’s not grey…It’s a shop scanner not a recruitment tool…

2 Likes

I based the grey area comment on the fact that people can get access to the shops, but they must first have guild membership to do so. That’s not exactly a lock out, but it’s not exactly public either. Hence, grey area.

1 Like

I would be fine if they added a tab that showed the items to your guild mates only maybe…

2 Likes

Yeah, sorry Havok, but I disagree with this. The whole point of the scanner is to help people locate stands to buy things. You could also say that stands with display items for 999999 are technically in the gray area too - it is possible to buy it.

4 Likes

Rather than ban a particular behavior that is outside the standard scope of typical use, I’d love to see the game adapted to accommodate new and interesting things. Display items, to use your example, would be better if they had a display only function in the shop stands. Perhaps a future update could accommodate that.

I will agree that for the time being, it’s probably a better practice to delist the reduced price items, and simply post signs in your shop stating that lower prices are available and under what conditions. That way, you could have a special price section for guild members or what ever.

4 Likes

Plus I don’t want see shops that’s says guild only…there’s only 15 shops why should I see a shop I cannot access freely

4 Likes