Shop Stand partial coin costs not displayed correctly?

On testing the displayed price is not taking into account decimals, is this intentional? I presume so since the coin in the player inventory doesn’t have any decimals, though it looks odd that it’s “0C” when in reality it’s 0.01; will the shop actually accumulate 0.01 sales up to 1 and then actually have 1c available when enough items sell at that price?

Edit: For players on testing, this shop is located at 115N 1681E Alt 67, planet Kauruschaedi. Let me know if you buy or sell partial value items so we can see what happens.

They’ll be able to show the actual cost to the customer I hope.

That single loaf, according to the described behavior, is going to cost the buyer 1c

Unfortunately the one loaf will cost the buyer 1 coin and so will every purchase between 1-100 loafs. They are rounding up to the nearest coin on the sales stands. I think they are going to have to find a way to show the cost per item versus the cost of the transaction.

1 Like

Ah I was looking for the other way around. I’m not set up, Ner Arth can you show us what it looks like when you put one loaf into the purchase box?

Unfortunately not, since it is my own shop. :thinking:

I’m learning how easy it is to get set up, now I have the same problem.

I’m working my way to the other planet.

That was more effort than I expected.

I see the purchase total being displayed correctly, but not the smart stack purchase price. These items were never different before, I’m not sure how much this will matter.

I bought the single stack and the m99 stack both removed 1c from inventory.

1 Like

The request basket rounded in your favor and showed me the sale price in both positions.

No indication of the actual 10.99 price.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and assistance; I would have helped you get to the place but unfortunately I had to go so I couldn’t stay to help and to test more with you. :confused:

Personally I feel that the game should be telling us the prices in e.g. 10.99C at transaction time, but I am thinking that the issue is that actual coin is stored as an integer and making it a float might not be so simple for some reason. The alternative would be to not add decimals and simply multiply everything by 100, but that seems like a bad solution since it is likely to skew perspectives too much to be a reasonable change.

Either way, some dev clarification here may be insightful. @lucadeltodecso maybe? Not sure who’s the correct person to ask. :slight_smile:

Now, without more testing I can’t say for sure, but I’m predicting that if we are selling hundreds of an item at very low decimal costs, if people split the stacks on purchase, someone might benefit more from the trade than the other through a rounding exploit, but again, I will need to set up more testing stands and either have someone assist me or find a way to test this by myself… (And yes I know there’s a ceiling price that the items must sell for, but I am still concerned)

… Of course, I could just be overthinking this. :slight_smile:

not me, but I will say that no-one should ever use floating point values for any currency… even if it is just a game :ghost:

2 Likes

I expect some confusion over the rounding.

I think it’s important that the “total value of sale” in request baskets and the “Total Cost” in a shop stand accurately show the number of coins that will be added to or removed from the player’s inventory.

I could help shuffle some more stacks but since rounding is always supposed to be up there’s not too many edge cases we can make with 2 digits.

1 Like

Thank you both for the replies. :thinking:

I should probably just stop thinking about it for now, as I’m probably too tired and maybe making wrong assumptions, but if you’re up to it we can do some more shuffling of stacks anyway at some point tomorrow @Nightstar? Maybe find other things to test too.

Sure if we can cross times I’m game. I’m idling a lot lately anyways I might just mess around on test for a while.

1 Like

Thanks for the observation @NerArth. Looking at those screenshots, it does look like the tooltip should also display decimal numbers, even if buyers can only buy in whole numbers, as explained in the release notes:

I’ll add this to the database for someone to look at.

1 Like