Shop stand won't sell things

I still find shop stands with stacks (such as Shadow Orbs) selling at a good price but I can’t drag it down to buy it. I also can’t press triangle to open or split the stack. This has been a problem since Day 1 launch; any plans for a fix? It is especially annoying with the shop scanner when you walk 2,500ft only to find a beautiful shop stand you can’t split the stacks or buy from…

Should I submit a log when this happens? It should be a well known issue by now.

2 Likes

I think that happens when the seller didn’t separate the different types of items…ie: they left shadow orbs stacked with vital orbs, etc.

2 Likes

yes, it happens a lot. I’ve just been reporting the beacon if the price publicly listed (in the knowledge base) and the item is not purchasable. Travel times are annoying.

1 Like

reported march 2018

1 Like

If the deal (and amount) are worth the hassle, i usually message the seller so they arrange a meeting to trade the items or they fix the shop stand and tell me.

1 Like

That’s one good way to tell the difference between a good Shop Keep and a bad one.

Q-Mart.

1 Like

I think shopkeepers shouldn’t be aware of every bug in the game in order to run a successful shop, there’s currently no way for the owner to see the problem (without an alt) and fix it.

2 Likes

I doubt anyone does it intentionally, but I wish it was fixed already =(

Most sellers probably don’t even know it’s happening on their end.

Can confirm stacks of items sell just fine, mixed stacks are the problem. Not sure if a mixed stack would work if all items in the stack were priced to go though… anyone online willing to check that situation out?

1 Like

At least in the spring it did work if all the items in the stack had a price, it only broke if even one of them wasn’t priced.

2 Likes

I had a couple items this kept happening to me with. I try and remember to glance at the item type count at the top of the shop stand to make sure there aren’t more item types than I expect in it.

2 Likes

If everything has a price it works fine. The only issue is you can’t manipulate a stack if it has an unpriced item.

Ehhhh, first thing I thought when I read this thread “well, that’s also a way to claim it’s not a lure to get you there…” “honest mistake, I swear! don’t ban my beacon!”

Ah well…

Problem is when a not sellable item is in the smart stack like a simmering orb that didn’t gat a price tag.

the game itself should take care of this. if stack has unpriced item, make whole stack unavailable.
now we can either report people who made an honest mistake (go look into your storage, even the most organized of us can find few instances of wrongly stacked items) or we can let trolls get away with it. this is entirely fixable inside the system

1 Like

I don’t think the trolls even know about this.

On a side note, someone bought a few shimmering orbs for 100c each from my base the other night… I was really just using my stands for storage but thank you lol =)

1 Like

I’d love to see this bug finally get fixed

It’s an annoying bug and just needs prioritising.

I always found it super annoying that I needed to split smart stacks before I could sell items within then. Especially if your inventory was full so there was no space to split things.

9 Likes

I wonder if there are any simple fix solutions? I wouldn’t want the whole team to bang their heads on this one for weeks and weeks, but maybe unpriced items could just default to 999k or something?

2 Likes

On topic of smart stack spilting, think in the furnaces, i got to separate by colors! Before i can kick of runs. Figured i could toss any colors in that stack of the same type and get the job going.