Shopkeeper's Price Calculator / Recipe Browser

Maybe I misunderstand the problem but here’s what I do in my spreadsheet. Calculate how much spark 1 peat produces if you compact it before burning.

Spark / 1 compact peat => 500
1 mass craft requires 180 peat and 1169 spark and produces 25 compact peat.

Therefore:

(500 * 25 - 1169) / 180 = 62.95 spark / peat (if compacted first)

Now just use the price of peat and 62.95 spark.

So you do the same as me atm and don’t value that 1169 spark used to craft the compact peat?

180 peat produce (25*500) 12500 spark, which is 69.44 spark per peat (12500 / 180).

But I value a peat only as 62.95 spark, which is 6.5 spark less per peat (because 180 * 6.5 ~ 1169).

Instead of adding a cost for these 1169 spark, I just reduce the produced spark by 1169 per mass craft.

1 Like

Am I stypid, Is it that simple? I’m already using net spark gains in the calculations. Now that you say it like that yeah I guess the spark used is already accounted for :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Unless you use peat in your furnace and coal in your spark generator and want to calculate how much compact peat costs after compacting it with coal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Mayumichi … .really like your website, use it all the time! however, I did find what i think is a bug with it. it’s hard to explain, so I’ll list how to reproduce…

1. select Fresh Vital Essense
  2. select “Raw Prime meat” (or any of the items from the drop down seems to have the issue)
  3. enter “0.1” … and work your way up to 0.2, 0.3, etc… the price increases as expected.
  4. however, once you get to 1.0 … anything from 1.0 to 1.8 doesn’t change… then 1.9 jumps way up in price. so seems like the calculation for 1.X is failing. not sure of other sub values.

The decimal places have been problematic since they didn’t exist in-game when the site was made. In many places the price is rounded down, I kind of hacked the < 1c prices to ignore it. The main issue is around import taxes for request baskets, since the price in-game is rounded down as well. Fractional prices in-game are in general an odd ball, since your wallet can’t have cents in it, all the transactions are rounded some way.

I wasn’t really sure how to reflect this in the calculations, I’m not even 100% sure how it works in-game tbh.

1 Like

I think 1 coin is value of 100 now in game.
edit: because after decimal update boundlesstrading site had prices x100.

Yes the internal representation is an integer and had two zeroes added to it, but it doesn’t affect the rounding I think?

Yeah, sorry I reply without reading properly.
I have understood that prices are rounded up from total sum. I think there were something reading on patch notes when this did come to game.

1 Like

from my tests in game… it rounds UP for to the closest whole number when buying an item, unless you are buying multiple…then it seems to calculate correctly.

Example 1 ::

• item up for sale for 0.6
  • if you buy 1, it does equal to CEILING(0.6) which equals 1c
  • if you buy 3, it does equal to CEILING(0.6 *3) … 0.6 * 3 is 1.8 . .but you are charged 2.0
  • if you buy 10 of the same item, if does equal to CEILING (0.6 * 10) … 0.6 * 5 is 6… so no rounding after needed.

tested on live and test servers. not sure if this helps. seems to be that it does the math correctly, but then does a rounding up based on the final amount.

Yup that’s how I think the patch notes explained it.

What about the tax incurring fractions? That’s the unknown. I assume they work the same for baskets and shop stands

Does it just take the number visible in the GUI after the slash and then do the ceil on the total? Should the website assume that the whole batch is sold to you at once, so the ceil doesn’t really matter in the long run?

i love boundless pricer when i do big crafts

Pushed a small patch to fix BUTT integration.

2 Likes

How do I clean all the tabs from previous searches? :sweat_smile:

This is an awesome tool, especially with the BUTT integration. Much improved over my cobbled together google sheets, that’s for sure. The interface takes some getting used to though and I would love to see a feature to collapse the ingredient list at a given point. Or maybe that’s already there and I just haven’t figured it out yet. :smiley:

1 Like

Yea the GUI can be a bit… weird, most of my projects start with an idea and I don’t plan too much ahead, just do things and see what sticks. The result isn’t always as good as it can be, like no collapsing of ingredients for now :smiley: It is under renovations though so maybe one day, I was planning on making it more BUTT like with the sidebar and all.

@Cuetzpalomitl I’m not following, do you mean the top bar history thing?

2 Likes

Yes that one

No way to clear it atm, but I can add it to the new one :slight_smile: