Shops and Prestige - Coins

Hello,
How many plots and distance do beacons have to have so that each beacon gets coins?
For e.g. Shops etc.
For example, I have 8 plots built in a rectangle, and only 2 beacons get coin.
Structure 1 plot each 5x height. (8 towers each with 5 plots)
Plot 1 and 3 get coins, and the others got nothing.

Is the distance too small?

Each plot has just over 50K prestige.

In general, it is my understanding (which could be mistaken), that the first beacon you own that a player enters, grants footfall coin per planet/server. In order to gain coin from the same person again, an amount of time must transpire (i think the min was 2hrs but you don’t get a maximum amount until like something around 5 days passes), AND the previous coins must have been collected OR the owner of the beacon must have also visited it (I’m a little fuzzy on the specifics here).

So to answer the question of spacing, a planet away and or a measure of time.

2 Likes

Okay, explained again, maybe I was unclear.
Attached a picture.
If another user/player walks over the 8 beacons, only beacon 1 and 3 get coins.
Searching for the error in the structure.

4 separate characters then? And a 5th is running through?

Hi,
Beacon 1-8 = 1 Account
And the running “Man” is another Account.

They are a part of the same settlement. So you’ll only collect footfall from the first beacon that the characters running hits.

If each is a different alt then you’d get more.

3 Likes

Hi,
You mean, when Char 1 is Owner of the Settlement, than only char 1 gets Coins? And the other Beacons / Shops get nothing?

Each alt should get ff in one of the 2 beacons they own, providing the visitor runs through all of them.
That means getting ff in only two beacons (instead of 4) is weird. Maybe there is another mechanic in play? Although I’ve never heard of beacon size or distance from a different beacon as a requirement to get ff.
Only the 10k prestige and ff from just first visited beacon for a character.

Maybe the testing run was done by someone who had visited some of the beacons beforehand? Thus cancelling ff on this run.

1 Like

Have created extra new Char for running over Beacons.
After some runs (every run a new char created - than deleted) i noticed, that only 2 get Coins, the others nothing. Thats strange.

1 Like

Maybe make sure than the beacons are 2x2 and chunk aligned. Also make sure the character visiting isn’t guilded or permission allowed in them?

1 Like

Hi,
Will try another Test, with Chunk aligned Beacons.
Characters are “Brand New Made” - No Guild and no permissions.

1 Like

this will interest you

2 Likes

Thx, have already read this…
He geta with all chars FF Coins, more or less.
But i get with some coins and with some “zero” coins.
And have visited with all chars who build some minutes before the Coin runner comes. Will test it with chunk aligned builds.

Maybe also give it some hours in case the server just isn’t updating itself properly. Idk if that’s an actual issue that happens but I’ve seen prestige take hours to update before. It’ll visibly increase while building but with such a complex jumble of formulas and bonuses it seems to have to run the numbers a few times before it settles.

2 Likes

Looking at your plan this does sound possible. In case you didn’t know, the server splits the whole world into chunks and a chunk is 2x2 plots wide. Maybe the server only generates footfall once per chunk.

But I really doubt this… this would have been noticed before… e.g. by TNT that splitted up their hub into multiple beacons.

Just to be sure. All 8 beacons report itself as being part of the same settlement? Sometimes, for whatever reason, a settlement doesn’t form and beacons produce no footfall.

And the beacons are exactly 1 block wide and 6 height, not bigger but the picture only describes the area you wolk over?

Last idea, you must be INSIDE a plotted plot area to produce footfall, walking on top of a plotted plot does not.

2 Likes

beacons need to have a minimum prestige also so they are eligible to footfall.

nvm i saw you picture.

Just a thought, it could be that the server doesn’t get the data that someone passed on the 2nd’s & 4th user’s beacons by passing by too quick.

If you haven’t tested the following, try to pass on each beacon and stay there a bit to see if it count the footfalls.

I don’t think it’s the case. We were doing this on our portal hub by using only a plot and it was working. There was discrepancy over ff on each beacon thought which could happen because of what i wrote on my previous post.

Each alt will get FF. But if any charachter has more than one area in a settlement. It will only get FF at the one beacon in that settlement that is entered first per day. That is for each alt.

2 Likes