Should there be changes to meteor mechanics? Re: group size

I was thinking - maybe some of the issue with hunts is that the rewards for hunting in a group of 5 is SO MUCH LOWER than a group of 30. I definitely think there should be a difference, but maybe it should be a smaller difference so it doesn’t hurt small hunt groups so much, and so solo hunters don’t get shafted quite as hard.

Also to be clear I’m suggesting a buff not a nerf.

2 Likes

Instructions unclear, nerfing hunts :laughing:

They already did, we now have red canes that have lower drop rates than rough oorts :wink:

1 Like

Basically I think that currently someone hunting alone gets 25% of what a big group hunt gets, and a group of 5-10 gets 50% of what a big group hunt gets. My suggestion is to increase rewards for smaller meteors so those percentages are 75% and 85%.

1 Like

Smaller meteors can be completed much faster, at least on lower level planets.

Wouldn’t that encourage solo play a bit too much tho? Not saying that’s a bad thing, but this game is, after all, an MMO. It tries to encourage player interaction. For solos/small groups, they did cater to them by saying they are adding the ability to create and run your own universe.

Also, it might get rid of the ‘cooperative’ part of the big hunts, as they’re working together for larger rewards. If you get enough from small meteors that may look it’s not worth working with others. Buff small meteors enough and you may also get more from going through small meteors faster than doing the larger ones, further discouraging group effort.

Yes, there would be a happy medium somewhere

Another factor to take into account is that if you have one extra player on the meteor, the reward is doubled because both players get loot.