Showcasing items, flavor text/name

so i’m planning on becoming a master crafter and have my own shop in a town (if they dont make crafting too simple) and what i would like was ways to showcase items.
for that i have 3 different types for weapons, armor, and acessories.

Weapons: Weapon rack
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/elderscrolls/images/c/c8/WeaponrackJorrvaskr.png/revision/latest?cb=20120513141520
Something like this and/or a stand on the ground where you can put them sideways, so people can actually see the weapons you sell and if you allowed people to read the stats of the weapons lying around they can find out what they want and then buy it

Armor: Mannequinn

kinda like skyrims where you can equip it with items in each slot and it equips it, that would be really cool for like decoration too, if you find some armor you can use but looks amazing you can use it as decoration also being able to see the stats of the gear

Accessories: Display cases

So you could have them lined up and you coul have either a necklace or a ring in the case, maybe several rings but just so you can see them and scan the stats

This was just something i thought about and would really like to see so for one thing you have a reason to actually have a big shop and so it wouldnt feel as dead.

The last thing i would really like to see is that we currently know that you get your name on the item when you craft if but i would prefer if you could name your weapons and armor pieces and add flavor text.

So an example is that if i have spend hours getting materials and refining them to make an awesome weapon that i could name it myself something like

Titan slayer

Greatsword

Enhancement: Titan scales (+10% titan dmg)
200 - 250 Damage
1.0 Speed

95/100 durability

‘‘A sword smithed in the fires of hell for one purpose, to obliterate any and all titans, go forth you who now own this sword and fight until your name will be written in the flowing blood of the titans and eternally remembered!’’

Crafted by Zouls on Septu

something like that, yes i know that it can be used for griefing running around with a sword called ‘‘dickbutt’’ but the answer to that would be some sort of report system of weapons, that if you noticed someone trying to sell the sword you can report it and if it really is offensive it would simply be destroyed with no gain, so people who try to troll like that will just waste time and materials.

What do you guys think?

-Zouls

6 Likes

I love the dickbutt sword idea though :smiley: I think showcasing weapons and armor is a pretty good way to give old equip a purpose :slight_smile:

copied
It’s really essentials for multifarious and difficult craft. Especially, if this things can be made too (for example, sculpt statues/dummies in different poses)

i would like to be able to copy a players character look and then have the ability to set it to different poses such as standing, crouching, combat. and such

1 Like

I think it would be cool if they had a stone or wood texture :smiley: You could build pretty cool statues with these :smiley:

im talking about mannequinns man, statues is something completely different xD

But you could use statues as a way of showcasing items :smiley:

then its not a statue… then its a mannequinn…

a mannequin statue

thingy

I think, one thing can be mannequin and statue simultaneously. Don’t do controversy :smiley:

‘‘A mannequin (also called a manikin, dummy, lay figure or dress form) is an often articulated doll used by artists, tailors, dressmakers, windowdressers and others especially to display or fit clothing.’’

‘‘A statue is a sculpture representing one or more people or animals (including abstract concepts allegorically represented as people or animals), normally full-length, as opposed to a bust, and at least close to life-size, or larger.[1] A small statue, usually small enough to be picked up, is called a statuette or figurine’’

not the same thing >:<

1 Like

Be more simple, dear comrade. It’s right. For IRL, of course.
But if we talk about another world as Oort, we can imagine multipurpose portrayal of playable creature. And we can use this portrayal or image like statue and like mannequin. Why not? Also IRL some monuments is dressed in hats and neckerchiefs.

because you dont put gear on a god damn statue >.<

even though it would be kinda narcissitic it would be cool if you could get statues made of yourself in marble or so and you can put them up in a town xD

2 Likes

Yes! It would be kinda narcissistic, but why not? :joy:

Or the town so loves (or misunderstands) your deeds that they erect a statue of you in honor!

Jaynestown anyone!?

1 Like

Broken html links fixed