Sickle tool

You should use some other tool than a shovel, since shovel hits the most damage on soil blocks. I’m planning on using topaz axes, good durability and it shouldn’t break the block in one hit even with all skills. Even better if you have a farmer/crafter that doesn’t have power and damage epic.

I am planning on having the farming skills on my crafter, whichever skill page works best.
That means little damage - I can’t break blocks on lvl 1 planet with a totem, so totem might be the tool.

If hammer/axe than I can go up to iron easily (more initial durability on iron and then forged for more, plus auto-loot and aoe of course; these are initial thoughts on it anyway).

1 Like

I like the sickle idea because it just makes sense. If that is too much, could we just have a boon that reduces damage on purpose (Reaping the Harvest)? If damage is dropped to a static “1” then the crop or grass should still break but there should be no real impact to the ground blocks.

I know I can shoot for this as a defect already, but there is less control on that end.

1 Like

Well, aoe also reduces damage too. So low tier aoe from an axe would probably be best.

True, AOE itself is almost a safety measure if used on low end tools. I just figured a dmg of 1 would remove all chance of breaking an underlying block.

Edit: fixed for autocorrect.

Yup, not even a diamond aoe lvl 4 axe breaks T1 soils with a full damage spec.

Grass cutter lives on as crop harvesters. Aoe 4 on a stone or iron axe/hammer and you can harvest alot faster. This is one of the things I like about forging, you can take a tool and change its given role.

And that’d last forever o.o

A long time but not forever =D

Topaz even longer with even less damage, faster action speed and less energy usage :wink: And topaz is cheaper and easier to mine than diamond too.

3 Likes