Sign Character limit

On PS4 I’ve noticed when writing on signs it won’t allow you to go below 14 characters left or in and around that. If you do it reverts back to the original state before edited. You can’t reach 0 characters left.

Also when adding colour to text on signs it is included in the character limit. I’m not sure if this is the way it’s supposed to be or not.

Thanks.

Can you provide any additional information about this? I entered some text with less than 14 characters remaining and I don’t think I understand the problem you’re describing.

Looks like it’s currently counting all characters on a sign, even if you’re entering colour codes that shouldn’t appear on the sign if entered correctly. I’ll add a note to the database for someone to look at.

1 Like

@Nytemara have you had any issues with this too? I’m on PC, so I can’t help. Es tut Mir leid.

1 Like

Yes color is included in it & I use hex codes & try separating wording when your entering wording.

For ex
Duskmoor city center youd enter

:#4286f4:Duskmoor
City Center

Google, hex code picker

Works great & you can scale colors.
I’m on PS4

Sometimes signs are a bit wonky but works overall on how you space wording.
Gluck & yabo🤗

1 Like

It’s strange I tried a new sign and got to 0 characters remaining but when editing my existing signs it happened at around 20 characters left now. Hopefully the video will help in some way

Can you show me here what your writing out?
I’ll try & duplicate it on my end.

I havent tried more than one color I’ll try on my end what your doing tonight & get back with you.:hugs:

Thanks for the help! The sign text I used in the video was…

:#black:-:#green:Toxic:#black:/:#fuchsia:Corrosive:#black:-

:#fuchsia:Besevrona
:#green:Flan

…And then when I go to add more is when the bug occurs

Sorry forgot to write it as a reply to you :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the video and for the text layout (although you’ve missed out a colon on ‘black’ before ‘Corrosive’, so I couldn’t copy and paste the exact words you’ve posted above). I can reproduce this using your text example, so I’ll add a bug to the database.

1 Like

Sorry about that I edited the post :slightly_smiling_face:

When you are trying to type on console you have to hard return(manually hitting to next line).
To do this you have to type and right next to “Done” there should be arrow you have to hit that to ensure that the sentence isn’t too big for the sign.