Sign colors not being applied

Anyone else have an issue getting colors to stay on certain signs? For some reason I can’t get them to stick at all on some of my Metal Sign Modules, others work fine. Syntax and placement are correct and the colors show on the preview window but when applied to the sign the color tags are removed and I’m left with the default. Any assistance would be appreciated.

This happens frequently, usually doing it again right away gets it to take correctly the second time.

Hey Soju, Good morning! Yep, I’ve experienced that too as just a momentary glitch. This isn’t that unfortunately. I’ve done it every which way repeatedly with a few different signs and get the same thing.

And you are the beacon owner?

1 Like

Don’t you have to have Gleam Club or something in order for colors to be placed on signs?

I seem to remember that.

The beacon owner does, as well as the person updating the sign if I remember right. Can be an issue in places with guild (or others) shared beacons if one if the guild members does not have GC then those signs will not accept colors or emoji.

3 Likes

Hmm you might be onto something with the beacon owner. I have GC but the wife’s may not be active. She has the section I’m having issues with. Let me see what’s going on there and I’ll let you know.

6 Likes

My hubby used to drive me CRAZY with this as we shared a workshop on his beacon. I forced him to get GC because I must have emojis.

5 Likes

I have that with all kind of signs lately. First apply mostly just disappears and whenever I change something about the text. Same goes for emojis. I need to change signs frequently since I have a market- need to keep things up-to-date or individualize them for shopowners so it’s quite frustrating since it steals me extra time to deal with that bug. Also I have it very often that the text appears in black temporarily

1 Like

For all I know it happens at each sign for me but very frequent in the hallway center of my area which is owned by Host. Both of us have Gleamclub though

I manage a lot of signs for TNT and because of this bug I pretty much always type signs with colors or emoji into a text document first and then copy / paste into the sign in game so I can just paste again when the color or emoji gets stripped out on the first attempt.

3 Likes

I think you nailed it Soju. Eyevee will be getting GC tonight :joy:. I can change colors fine inside my beacon areas but hers worked for a while then nothing now.

2 Likes

Im on ps4 :frowning:

Me too… Though I have a wireless keyboard connected to the playstation. It does give me the opportunity to copy and paste then which is nice.

2 Likes