Silver hammer

The gold and silver hammers take the same amount of resources to craft, and should be the same tier, but the gold hammer can break gems and higher tiered resources, but silver can’t.

Just wondering what the thoughts are behind this decision, it seems like the silver hammer wouldn’t be worth the resource cost.

I might be missing something, so please let me know what your thoughts are.

Gold hammers wear out quickly and are very slow at mining anything. They are only useful for mining gems, really.

Silver hammer are as fast as copper and more durable than iron. Of the common ore hammers, they are the best type of hammer for mining everything else.

Titanium is better than silver and gold in that they have better speed, more durability and can mine everything. They are also better priced for all of these factors.

Gem hammers are ultimately better but very price dependant. I favour those that can take out multiple blocks (diamond, emerald, etc) and vary them with silver and titanium to balance the cost and speed of my mining operations.

The current iteration feels really well balanced to me. With the introduction of the new chisels and increased loot silver, gold and titanium ore are finally to find their place in the production cycle.

4 Likes