Simple Inventory "Quality of Life" Addition || Right-Clicking Drops One Item

When holding a stack of items, I’d like to be able to right-click an empty inventory slot (in your inventory, storage, et cetera…) and drop one item at a time from the stack, in the same manner that left-clicking drops the whole stack.

This would be more useful to me than I could explain, as I organize my storage in such a way that I leave one of every item in their specified slots so I can just shift-click items into place. Right now, I have to set the stack down somewhere else and hold-right-click until I hit “1” and drag one item over.

10 Likes

Yes plz! :point_up_2:

1 Like

@james Do you have any more plans for more inventory shortcuts such as this? Would this specifically be difficult to implement?

@kernal Hey! I know you’ve been working on the Crafting GUI and such What do you think of this?

While you’re at it an autosort would do wonders.

2 Likes

you could presumably also add a way for ps4 to do this somehow, i already assumed it was possible and was disappointed when i couldn’'t as it’s a feature I often use in most games that seem to have it

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt - I missed this suggestion. Sounds like a good one, I’ll look into it.

2 Likes

We’d like to add autosort - just need to find some time…

5 Likes

I would pay good money for auto sort !!!

1 Like

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVERRRRRRRRRRR PLZZZ DO IT. I’LL FEED YOU STEAK AND YAMs!

ahem,

Sorry, I realized I was a bit excited there. Thanks!

1 Like

I really appreciate you. :slight_smile: I am immensely excited to see some of your crafting / inventory quality-of-life updates that you’ve been working on.

@kernal

Hey, man!

Kind of a while back now, you mentioned that you were working on crafting/inventory GUI overhauls and such. Just overall bettering what we already have. Is this still in the works? I’ve been hoping for it for a long time and figured I’d check in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, that was a while back :wink: those improvements are still designed and ready to be implemented and I think James has had some further ideas on this front. It’s certainly worth asking James when these are going to be looked at being implemented - he’s the man in the know in terms of what’s planned. Hope all’s good with you

3 Likes

That’s great, I’m glad to hear it! I’ll reach out to him.

All is well here, thanks. :slight_smile: I hope all is well with you and the rest of the team. Stay indoors! :wink:

@james Hi, James. :slight_smile: Now that you have the whole, crazy reclaim system up and running, I’m curious if you have any ideas when the GUI improvements that kernal had worked on a while back will be implemented. Specifically, some better inventory management shortcuts, such as:

• Right-clicking a blank inventory space to drop a single item from a stack
  • Picking up half of a stack of items by right-clicking on them while they are in an inventory

If you guys look into some of the ways Minecraft (java version) handles inventory shortcuts, it makes for a much smoother system overall! These are some of the best QoL improvements that I’ve been hoping for for a very long time. :smiley:

Plus, I’m curious about what other ideas you had. :slight_smile:

1 Like