Sitting

Hello everyone. Loving Boundless so much. I have a suggestion.
How about the ability to sit and maybe even lay. There are so many community created bench areas. Why not embed an option into the creation of certain types of building materials that allows the creator to make it a sitting or laying area. That way observitories and zen gardens will be functional where we could rest and take in the view in first person head swivel. Thank you for considering my request.

4 Likes

For sitting there’s currently “/sit”

No laying down emote atm.

6 Likes

Ah. Very good. Now can we get more than just an emote but what I am suggesting is a physical interaction with the created environment.

You’ll also notice that /sit automatically takes 3rd person perspective. That is because it’s not an action bound to the camera perspective so this is not quite what I am suggesting.

1 Like

Hmmm, like the system in Skyrim?

1 Like

Yes that is a fair example. I am one who loves to just leave my char sitting and enjoying a view while I smoke my pipe etc.

1 Like

Maybe relevant

There was originally going to be some chair/table props - they’re possibly still planned (maybe?), so they would be able to accommodate an interaction and sitting mechanic.

If you’re talking about sculpting your own chairs out of blocks and being able to mark them as a “sittable” object, I think that will be a little more difficult to achieve though.

3 Likes

That is what I meant. But not so difficult for these devs I should think. We will see.

1 Like

YES! Decorative items are in the roadmap. Hopefully, chairs and beds make it to this list.

The sitting mechanic might take time considering there are not any items that our character binds to in game yet or it may be as easy as parenting the player to a block. Who knows? But I agree, the devs are my favorite superheroes :slight_smile: