Skill sets

Well, now I’m going over the lvl50 barrier I’m trying the skill sets.
It looks like a good feature but I have a couple of problems.
First, It would be really nice to have some indicator on the UI to let you know which skill set are you on. Having to press O just to be sure who you are is not nice.
Second, I have a hunter which has 6060 life points, I created a new skill sets and allocated 8 points, just for basic masscrafting. When I come back from hunting/gathering (with full health) I switch to the second skill set, queue some jobs and switch back to the main skill set to go outside again. But the problem is that I lose all the health I already had. I don’t think this is ok.

And another really nice to have thing, it’d be nice to choose different masks for each skill set.

Thank you

2 Likes

I kinda wish there was an added bonus for maxing our characters and skill sets instead of alts. It’s too easy to use multiple alts to be able to do everything. Lvl 18 dedicated forger. Lvl 18 dedicated crafter lvl 18 dedicated gatherer etc etc. where’s the love for the folks that that work hard on one character and don’t use alts

Yes - this is pretty lame.

The obvious solution would be to maintain a percentage of your health and energy / stamina.

However this could be gamed:

1. Hunter has 600 out of 6000 health, 10%.
  2. Switch to Crafter which has 100 out of 1000 health, 10%.
  3. Heal Crafter to 1000 health, 100%.
  4. Switch back to Hunter to get 6000 out of 6000 health, 100%.

Maybe we could track a health and energy / stamina per skill set? Not sure.

Any clever ideas?

I think just keeping different values for each skill set is good enough, so if I lose or gain health/stamina on one skill it doesn’t affect the other.

EDITED
I mean, there is no metaphor behind all the skill system. It’s just a game mechanic, I can create an alt, get it to lvl50 just crafting silly things and then magically it becomes a powerful hunter, there is no way to explain this inside the oort universe (goodbye immersion), so, in the same line, a new skill set doesn’t need any logic, just need to work.

Wait, there’s a 15 minute wait timer between switching. That doesn’t sound like an efficient way to get 90% of your health back.

If you are inside your home beacon there is no timer

Ah, right you are. I guess in theory someone could fight inside their beacon, popping in and out to heal? I don’t know, it still doesn’t seem all that efficient.

1 Like

My third alt has only one plot just to change skills, and it look like this.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wouldn’t you need to either be at home (presumably safe anyway) or wait 15 mins for this to work? Out in battle it’d be a very coin conscious person that chose it over a heal brew, if so.

1 Like

Might lead to a different sort of abuse where you can switch between similar builds to effectively have twice your usual health or energy pool. Is it possible to switch easily mid-combat?

I’ve never looked at game code and not a programmer but I think this makes sense to me… feel free to correct me but;

Can the health and energy of the character remain as a fixed amount and then as skills points added to for health and energy it is only applied as a modifier. That way when you switch characters you still have a base amount. Leave a minimum health and energy level when switching to a lower health and energy level.

Make healing potions percentage heal?

Any chance we could name our skillsets, maybe have it appear somewhere small on hub? Or maybe apply icons?