Skills and stats question

I have just began playing this game and so far it has been really fun. there are some things I would like to see different, but that is not the topic here.

I have looked here and on other websites that I could find for information on skill points and how many we get to kind of plan or see how much I could skill up one character. I cannot find any really info on how many points you eventually get.

so if I want my guy to be a harvester, do I get enough points to put in all the tool use skills? can I put some into stats for health and speed etc.? do I get enough where this toon can also craft all the tools or does another toon need to be the crafter?

how specialized does each toon need to be ( do I need one for each mining and for foresting) or do you get enough that one can be a gatherer and a crafter?

thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I have a character who can swing the hammer, axe and shovel well. He is pretty fast and can also defeat any enemies that might be in the way. He has max skills regarding tool durability and no death penalty (tools dont get damaged upon death). But he cant do anything else.

So crafting / building is done with another character. Max skillpoints is currently 1500 I believe. But will almost certainly change with new updates as new skills get added.

1 Like

Hey STLBluesNut, welcome to Boundless!

So, if I’m not mistaken, untill you get to level 50, you should get 1500 skill points. - Swede said it first :sweat_smile:

I think you’ll have to check that out by youself. It all depends on what you want your character to be able to do. As Swede said in his post, you can’t do everything with only one character.

Personaly, I think that it’s a little difficult to plan your character ahead inside the game. So, when I want to do that, I use the skill calculator in Boundless Crafting ( Boundless Crafting it’s a great website created by @Stretchious. If you haven’t already, you should defenetly check it out).

2 Likes

I have missed this.
Since when ?

@Heureka
I was refering to the death penalty reduction skill (survival category). Not sure how long it has been available.

1 Like

I have a jack of all trades style skill spread hear that you may be interested in using. It crafts and Gathers and hunts at high efficiency!

3 Likes

thank you all for the information. I definitely liked the solo build thread with options for 1 or 3 toons.

It’s still not available via a link from the site itself (I must get around to doing that!)… so, here’s a direct link to it…

http://boundlesscrafting.com/skills/calculator

3 Likes