Sky Diamond Outlets - 25,000c for new shop builds!

I’m to busy building my horde base :rofl::shushing_face:

What is the difference in a player just reclaiming the mall infrastructure and a planet going away? In either case the mall and probably all the portals are gone. In both cases either you reclaim and move or have to build new mall infrastructure.

And I know for a fact this has happened and appears to be happening again, where the mall owner removes all the mall infrastructure and the store owners are left trying to decide if they should move or what. So I am not sure there is any more security in a mall being on a public planet. In either case you are left to the whims of the person that either rents the planet or owns the mall infrastructure.

1 Like

You’re right it is indeed analogous.

However I can say I don’t plan to quit boundless, and if I ever do, I would pass on my mall to another interested party. That’s easier to do on Tana.

Ok ill do one. Can you meet in an hour or two or we can meetup tomorrow

Can I still setup inside the mall if I so choose to? If so I do not quite understand how that would work with multiple characters - would I be limited to permissions on one character? I formed a bad habit of playing across all 10 slots… As a fellow solo player I bet you understand the need. I do have a main character now but also two auxiliary.

I’d like a place to sell rocks of all things, not even special rocks, just bulk rocks from perma planets, really cheap. The purpose would be for new characters to use them for power leveling, cheap building supplies, and recipes where the color doesn’t matter. I’d also toss in some other bits and bobs that are of low value. Rock Bottom Thrift Shop

Likewise, I have no intention of quitting and have gleam club for a long, long time so there’s no chance of the beacons expiring. :slightly_smiling_face:

The difference between someone reclaiming the mall infrastructure and a sovereign planet going offline is that the latter requires constant real-world payment to keep it going, whereas the former doesn’t. I think it’s far more likely that a sovereign world would disappear tbh.

There are empty plots available whenever you are, so no need to meet up. Make sure to join the guild faction via the control book in the outlets office and you’ll be paid 20,000c once your shop is complete and we’re next online. :smile:

Of course you can open a shop inside the mall, if that’s your preference. There are quite a few rules to look over first though if that’s what you want to do, so check out the Information Center when you get to the mall. If you need permissions adding for multiple players, we can do that. We’d just need to make in-game friends with each player first.

Tax FYI
Better to have people join a guild as secondary and pay them through guild IMO

2 Likes

That’s a very good point. I’ve followed your advice and added a guild faction book to the office. :grinning:

1 Like

Our initial approach of leaving units unplotted has resulted in some issues with people “reserving” plots and not coming back to build. We’ve therefore made some changes and now if you want to open a shop you’ll need to contact us via the post box in front of the vacant unit you want. We’ll then arrange a time when the unit will be unplotted for you to grab for yourself and start building. Thank you to those of you who have actually started building your shops and we look forward to welcoming more of you!

Work has now started on phase two, but at the time of writing we still have eight unclaimed units available in phase one. New units will be made available as these are filled.

1 Like

If anyone knows the players Sesshomaru or Irockman, I’d like to have a chat with them about the shop units they plotted and never returned to. Unfortunately this is what happens when you allow people to plot freely. I’d really like them to either build their shops, or free up those plots for someone else.

We’ve upped the amount we’re paying for new shops to 25,000c and we’re going to be starting a shop building contest soon, which will also be open to existing shops. I’ll announce more soon!

1 Like

You might update the topic’s name in that case (hint) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do we really need yet another mall, and one built almost entirely from refined gleam?

3 Likes

Why not? We have a dozen freaking portal networks

1 Like

If someone wants to build another mall let them… if someone wants to build another portal network I say let them… at the end it’s all about having fun and building :smiley:

8 Likes

I made an alt Daone 2.0, I need to meet you in game so i can copy your body paint :rofl:

3 Likes

The newer malls learn from the mistakes of the earlier malls I feel like.

Sky Diamond Mall is laid out super nicely. Very organized and clean looking in my opinion. Many malls are just messes and disorganized and hard to navigate. I really like sky diamond and don’t see an issue with having more malls

2 Likes

When you create things like a mall/town in the public survival universe space, this is always a possibility. When users place their own beacons, you can’t control what they do, nor when they do it. Maybe we’ll get retail beacons/plots & more permissions that we can use in the future.

There are a couple of markets that don’t allow users to place their own beacon & this seems to be the only way that you can prevent “dead space”.

Please keep in mind that the forums are not the place to name users that haven’t met your expectations/rules - that’s something you’ll need to manage via PMs, discord, signage, mailboxes, etc.

1 Like