Sky's Ideas

Believe me, there are many ideas i can think of that would be nice for this game, but im only gonna list about 8 things for now. Hope you all like them. I know some maybe a bit much or not needed, but that is why we have many fans out there to help me out :wink:

1.) Mounts: I know it is a bit much but it can be added after the release if it needs to be. Honestly if we had mounts it would help us get around on the slow/hard to move on terrain like Mud, Water, and Ice. Honestly, if i could right on like one of those protectors haha, i would have a blast. (Who Wouldnt)

2.) Pet/Companions: I am sure seeing someone with like a miniature Wildstock, Roadrunner or even a Ground Basher or a little Cuddletrunk would inspire people to play longer.

3.) Character Customization: No just coloring of the character, but adding like Designs on them (Boundless Glyphs) or Clothing for like Armor in the future.

4.) Less Rare Resources: For me yea, i mean i am sure there are more balancing needed before release on the spawning of blocks and minerals but in my point of view at this stage, if you plan on using Furnaces, i would lean toward making coal the most common resource by far. Out of the Minerals i know of this is in order from Most Common to Most Rare.

1 - Coal 4 - Silver 7 - Gems
2 - Iron 5 - Gold 8 - Diamond
3 - Copper 6 - Titanium

5.) Mailbox: If its going to be the way it says: Explore, Collaborate, Build, Conquer, and Discover then yea im sure we could all use a little mail from time to time from our friends.

6.) Safe/Vault: I know it seems pointless, but it would be nice to have so that way if we have a guild, we can deposit some of our valuables and coin so if we want need too we can share our money, etc.

7.) Decoration Items: Since you can make settlements, towns and probably eventually Cities, it would be nice to have some Railings, or Tables and Chairs, Benches, heck even chandeliers would work.

8.) Farming: Although it may be getting added eventually, i just thought i would throw it out there.

Let me know what you all think. I mean some of them again may be pointless, but in the long run im sure we could use a few :grin:

3 Likes

To my knowledge, both 5) and 7) are already planned; I think Iā€™ve seen hints at 8) but I havenā€™t checked if itā€™s a confirmed feature - I would like to see farming too, though.

Mounts could be cool to see, if they were implemented correctly, but you can run pretty fast if you invest points in movement speed - for me, it would be horrible to have a mount thatā€™s more hassle than itā€™s worth. Pack animals that carry things and that sort of thing would be an interesting mix of mount/companion - I think the game Ark actually does this, in a sense. You could even mix that with your safe/vault ideaā€¦

About resource rarity, Iā€™m always scarce for coal too to be honest, even if I focus on mining a lot of it, I can come back with a mix of over 600 soft and medium coal pieces and theyā€™ll be gone very quickly - I compact them to make them more efficient, but they still go fast once I start smelting/making spark. This isnā€™t necessarily a bad thing once there are more people supplying coal than there are using it, but I it would be a good thing to actually make coal ore break a little bit faster.

Let me throw something in too; I would really like to see added some tool upgrades, like the damage crystals for slingbows; Counterweights and Sharpening Stones for Hammers, Axes and Shovels, which would increase swing speed or hit damage, respectively, for an X number of tool uses.

1 Like

I think that would be a good idea as well. but they may implement that in with the Tool Mastery Skill Sets :smiley:

1 Like

Rare resources are already incredibly difficult to find. To craft a single gen hammer, you need 20 of a single type of gem. Two of us spent a week in alturnik and came away with 0 emeralds. I strongly disagree with rebalancing rare resources

Gold and silver have become much more infrequent as well, and gold takes 20 gold ore and 40 copper to make one gold alloy hammer.

I agree that copper and iron are pretty populous right now, but the more difficult minerals are still incredibly difficult and I would not want to see them become even more scarce

3 Likes

a week and 0 emeralds? you just dont know where to look for them. psss i spent 10 hours looking for emeralds until i found a method to get tons

1 Like

Emerald is about middle of the road where gems are concerned. Ruby is super common.

Sapphire and Amethyst though? I hope you like spidermanning around flying mountains over bottomless lava lakes, because thatā€™s where they are, and youā€™ll be lucky to come away with 5-10 a trip even once you KNOW exactly where they spawn.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I may be wrong, but I donā€™t think Sky was implying they wanted gems to be even rarer? Maybe I mis-understood. Rebalancing as a word here is a bit subject to interpretation; it can swing either way.

In any case, for me it feels like itā€™s a lot of raw gems just for one tool, and if I have to go to a completely different latency region just to get a specific gem because itā€™s more common or has a certain advantage, that will always bother me tooā€¦

Iā€™ve noticed this too, but I happen to have a lot of Silver I acquired before this update, so Iā€™ve almost got enough for 400 alloy (using 360 to mass craft compact alloy).
I used to see Titanium more before too, not that I could mine it before anyway, but now Iā€™ve never found more than 2 together and it seems much rarer anyway, at least in places I normally found it in before.

Since the changes, Iā€™ve found less Titanium than Rubies, since Iā€™ve gone to look for them in Vulpto, for example - but Iā€™m assuming they spawn at similar depths too, near lava. Iā€™ve found both, just more Rubies.

1 Like

Yeah I was implying that I kinda hope they make them a little bit more common theyā€™re already scarce enough as it is.

2 Likes

ah, i interpreted ā€œless rare resourcesā€ to mean less of the resources that were rare, but i see where I got confused, thatā€™s my bad :stuck_out_tongue: i agree completely then!

1 Like

:joy:

I want less of rare resources and slower progression - this game is too easy :wink::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haha to you it maybe Boundmore but its not so easy for me. I been playing for like 1-2 weeks, and i still dont have a spark core.

2 Likes

yeah i remember it wasnā€™t easy when starting from scratch - I went through that 3 times in testing servers; my feeling is that it was fairly balanced and I wouldnā€™t want it easier

1 Like

Remember when it took weeks and weeks to find gold on the starter worlds, and nobody had portals off-world yet? Yeah, THAT was hard.

@Skylance, what world are you on? Might be able to give you some pointers on where to look for spark core components.

1 Like

I am on Solum

Are you doing a purity run, or do you mind using another players portal? Iā€™d hit up the moon world for better mining rates. Otherwise, mine desert mountain cliff faces. There seems to be a high(er) rate of components available there, and the exposed cliff faces makes it easy to cover a lot of exposed rock. Bring a few grapple hooks.

1 Like